P2 Embarkation lunch

Andiamo

I just went to the Voyage Personalizer and discovered we were upgraded from AA to P2 for our January 23 Caribbean trip. (I also just sent an email to my TA because of concern over the possibility of not securing a table for 2. Obviously, the upgrade is a real treat, but that table for two is more important.)

Anyway, my question concerns embarkation lunch. I thought I read/heard somewhere that lunch is served in the Princess Grill on embarkation day. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.

Jeanne

Congrats on your upgrade. We've done P-level 4 times now, and absolutley love it!

To answer your question, YES, a very nice lunch is served!! As soon as we board each time, we head straight for the P-Grill to check our table. We've never failed to get a table for 2, nor have we ever NOT been asked to sit and immediately enjoy a fabulous lunch!

Hope your trip is wonderful!

I just went to the Voyage Personalizer and discovered we were upgraded from AA to P2 for our January 23 Caribbean trip. (I also just sent an email to my TA because of concern over the possibility of not securing a table for 2. Obviously, the upgrade is a real treat, but that table for two is more important.)

Anyway, my question concerns embarkation lunch. I thought I read/heard somewhere that lunch is served in the Princess Grill on embarkation day. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.

Jeanne

You must be joking_ PG will be worth it! You will get a table for 2, but will be forever spoilt by the grills!

Enjoy:D

Sharon

Anyway, my question concerns embarkation lunch. I thought I read/heard somewhere that lunch is served in the Princess Grill on embarkation day. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.Jeanne

Dear Andiamo,

Congratulations on your visit before Christmas from the "Upgrade Fairy".

Also, hello! I remember you from our July 3rd, 2006 sailing on the Mary, our first on her.

About your question about dining for lunch on Embarkation Day. Since you will be sailing out of NY at 7PM that night, Embarkation will not start till the traditional time of 12Noon in Redhook.

Since you are now in Princess Grill Category, your boarding time will be between 12 Noon & 12:30PM according to past experience. I am checking this on one of my past Daily Programmes for Embarkation.

The Princess & Queens Grill Restaurants will be opening on Embarkation from 1PM to 3PM. Of course, you do also have the option of the Kings Court Restaurants that start serving from 11:30AM and on.

Since you wish to dine in the restaurant for lunch, you may want to visit your cabin before hand to find your Table Assignment Card which should be there. Then you will know what table you were assigned to if you have any questions.

Enjoy your cruise and make sure you share all the details on your return.

Dear Andiamo,

Congratulations on your visit before Christmas from the "Upgrade Fairy".

Also, hello! I remember you from our July 3rd, 2006 sailing on the Mary, our first on her.

About your question about dining for lunch on Embarkation Day. Since you will be sailing out of NY at 7PM that night, Embarkation will not start till the traditional time of 12Noon in Redhook.

Since you are now in Princess Grill Category, your boarding time will be between 12 Noon & 12:30PM according to past experience. I am checking this on one of my past Daily Programmes for Embarkation.

The Princess & Queens Grill Restaurants will be opening on Embarkation from 1PM to 3PM. Of course, you do also have the option of the Kings Court Restaurants that start serving from 11:30AM and on.

Since you wish to dine in the restaurant for lunch, you may want to visit your cabin before hand to find your Table Assignment Card which should be there. Then you will know what table you were assigned to if you have any questions.

Enjoy your cruise and make sure you share all the details on your return.

Hi, Ed and Bev --

Since discovering CC several months ago, I have read a number of responses from you that have always been very friendly and helpful without trying to be clever. Thank you for your informative responses.

Hi, Ed and Bev --

Since discovering CC several months ago, I have read a number of responses from you that have always been very friendly and helpful without trying to be clever. Thank you for your informative responses.

Dear RMVET,

You are welcome and thank you for your personal comments. That is what Cruise Critics are about, share information and experiences.

We have once in a while been on some the same threads and know what you are talking about. And, know where you are coming from.

We will be sailing on the March 24th cruise. Unfortunately abit longer than yours, but I am afraid the time will go as fast as a 10 day cruise.

You are welcome to pass by our Roll Call if you need anymore information. We would be happy to have you as a visitor.

Thanks so much for your responses. It was nice to have this info confirmed. This past July we went to a local restaurant after checking our luggage and getting our boarding cards so we did not have to go to the Kings Court. This year, we were going to pack a lunch. Relaxing on board in a “real” restaurant will be a big treat.

Ed, I do remember you. I felt bad that Michael and I did not make the get together, but do remember posting that if we were in the Queens Room dancing it would be difficult to get away. This past July the timing was the same, but with some gentle urging I convinced Michael to break away and go to the gathering. Even though we arrived late, we did get to meet some really great people and I wished we had not missed that opportunity in ’06. I believe it is a wonderful enhancement to the cruise experience.

Kennetro, Cinta – Exactly what I am afraid of—being spoiled.

Thanks so much for your responses. It was nice to have this info confirmed. This past July we went to a local restaurant after checking our luggage and getting our boarding cards so we did not have to go to the Kings Court. This year, we were going to pack a lunch. Relaxing on board in a “real” restaurant will be a big treat.

Ed, I do remember you. I felt bad that Michael and I did not make the get together, but do remember posting that if we were in the Queens Room dancing it would be difficult to get away. This past July the timing was the same, but with some gentle urging I convinced Michael to break away and go to the gathering. Even though we arrived late, we did get to meet some really great people and I wished we had not missed that opportunity in ’06. I believe it is a wonderful enhancement to the cruise experience.

Dear Andiamo,

I can't blame you for wanting to eat in a upper level restaurant as soon as possible. We have enjoyed Grill Class a number of times. We personally prefer to start the festivities always at dinner in the evening. But like to try to see if the restaurant is opened, to checkout the location of the table.

Since we live locally in Brooklyn, we look forward to a meal after having a simple breakfast almost before we leave for the pier. So anything interesting (Kings Court) for us is ok. So almost the something for the coming cruise, something simple not filling with dinner coming soon. Then also watching the belt line for those 13 days to come.

Yes, I found after that last cruise, an embarkation day meeting is quite hard to do at 10PM that evening . Only about 1/3 of the people showed anyway. You have to remember, people are now on the ship involved in activities, tried from traveling all day and maybe just forgot. They were a very nice bunch people to have met and run into all during the cruise. That is why our last cruisae this past April, we waited till the 10AM the next day to have met. It worked MUCH better.

I do agree, Cruise Critics did add a special touch to the cruises. Leading that group was so meaning full. We are still in communication by email to this day and hope to sail together someday. I think the next day is the time of choice for future suggestive meetings.

Bet you can't wait to get away from all this cold weather. January 23rd can't come soon enough. We have to wait another 97 days.

Kennetro, Cinta – Exactly what I am afraid of—being spoiled.

:) Enjoy the spoiling. It will be fab. I can say no more! I wish I could be there with you & watch your reaction! Love it. Sharon x

So glad you're finding what you need on these boards. :)

One of the things I most enjoy is that I can find both information and wit...a combination I quite enjoy. Like many a rollcall, there are varied needs and reasons we all come here. The information that you seek is certainly one of the main ones! But I venture to say that many who can provide information that you'd value also seek the comraderie of the humourous side of these boards.

Happily, there's room for both.:cool:

Archived