Embarkation at odd places

Kindlychap

I am afraid that I simply cannot resist flouting the 10 post rule.

Does "disembarkation at odd places" include jumping from balconies? I understand that practice is becoming quite derigueur in certain cruise lines. :p

David

When I missed the Caronia a couple years ago due to a flight cancellation I had to catch up in Cork/Cobh. They would not let me meet the ship in Guernsey; said they didn't have the right facilities for boarding passengers due to it being a tender port. :(

I think it's a bigger deal in the US due to the law that requires foreign flagged ships to visit a foreign port. I've heard of people missing the whole trip due to missing embarkation and the foreign port.

Julia

Thanks. I'm grateful - does it make a difference if half the cabin has embarked at the start of the cruise?

Matthew

No, it doesn't. I did that last year with one of my world bookings. Wife boarded at the start of the voyage. Husband not until some 20 days later.

No, it doesn't. I did that last year with one of my world bookings. Wife boarded at the start of the voyage. Husband not until some 20 days later.

I don't see that embarkation would be affected. What about disembarkation? Surely that would be affected by the Jones act within the USA.

David

Archived