Update on the dawn?

vols_159

They are now making non us citizens check into customs as a group on board so it doesn't hold everyone else up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

They have done that on all 4 of my cruises? They usually tell non us citzens to meet in a theater around. 630 7am had they stopped this?

They are making all non us citizens check in a room on board so the rest of the passengers should be able to get off without too much trouble.

Gee, isn't that a brilliant idea. I wonder why they couldn't figure that out a month ago:rolleyes:

They are making all non us citizens check in a room on board so the rest of the passengers should be able to get off without too much trouble.

:confused: :confused: They've always done this. Are you saying non-US citizens have to wait for everyone else to get off?

As a non-US citizen we had to all meet early in the morning with customs agents pre-disembarkation. They checked all our documents, stamped us and then when disembarkation started, we went through like everyone else.

Are you now saying there is something new?

Edited by che5904

Sounding good! Waiting to see updates from those boarding today, cross our fingers. If they have this figured out, I will have to find something else to keep me busy on Sundays along with football.

Hopefully things flow better it has been raining on and off this morning

Edited by legion3

Just heard from friends leaving on the Dawn today. No issues this morning in fact they are onboard enjoying lunch.
Outstanding! I can go back to being there at 11:30 and enjoy a peaceful lunch and DOD on board in February. Just checked the web cam, and it looks like peeps walking around the deck pulling luggage, sweet!

To the best of my knowledge the Dawn dropped off passengers who were on a Coz to Coz cruise that left December 6, but did not pick any up. So the Tampa situation today may not be the Tampa situation in January when they start the Virgin-sponsored cruises from Cozumel again.

Check replies to the "Live from the Dawn" thread where someone was told by NCL that there were no more cruises with pick-ups in Cozumel (incorrect) or the Virgin Cruise Holidays website. There is a posting in the "Live from" thread showing the schedule - the next Cozumel origination cruise is scheduled to start January10 or you can find the same information on the Virgin Holiday site.

Unfortunately, we won't know if the problems have been solved until at least January 12.

From what I understand no passengers were picked up in Cozumel this week. Could this be the difference? I am hoping the situation has been figured out, but I won't believe it until the next cruise that picks up passengers in Cozumel in a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Forums mobile app

To the best of my knowledge the Dawn dropped off passengers who were on a Coz to Coz cruise that left December 6, but did not pick any up. So the Tampa situation today may not be the Tampa situation in January when they start the Virgin-sponsored cruises from Cozumel again.

Check replies to the "Live from the Dawn" thread where someone was told by NCL that there were no more cruises with pick-ups in Cozumel (incorrect) or the Virgin Cruise Holidays website. There is a posting in the "Live from" thread showing the schedule - the next Cozumel origination cruise is scheduled to start January10 or you can find the same information on the Virgin Holiday site.

Unfortunately, we won't know if the problems have been solved until at least January 12.

From what I understand no passengers were picked up in Cozumel this week. Could this be the difference? I am hoping the situation has been figured out, but I won't believe it until the next cruise that picks up passengers in Cozumel in a few weeks.

That's my understanding as well.

But it does narrow the issue down to either this was actually caused by the 2nd pick up and drop off or that NCL finally worked things out with the powers that be. Either way hopefully between now and the next Cozumel pick up, NCL has worked out whatever issues that caused these delays in the first place.

Edited by che5904

I am with you - I am not much of a follower of these boards for friendly visiting but do like to use them for advice. I went over the 1/5 and 1/12 Roll-Call boards and posted a request for them to let us all know how their boarding and debarkation processes go. We won't really know if the problems are fixed until at least 1/12.