When Would You Book?

flgulfbeach

We took two cruises, but years ago, so not sure about timing for booking cruises these days.:confused:

We're looking at taking a cruise on NCL Star that leaves NO on 1/20/13 and would love to know if there is a good time to book and get a great price. All the offers we've been seeing are about the same. Read someplace that they sometimes have a sale after the final payment date-do they?

What amount of OBC would be good for an ocean view cabin? For this type cabin the offers we're seeing give you $30 OBC, is that normal or are there times that it will go higher?

What we are seeing on most voyages is that demand is high and they are selling well. So the longer you wait means the best cabins within each category go first and usually the lower priced and higher priced cabins go first too.

I really wouldn't wait.

Just my opinion.

I am glad that you don't have to worry about air.

Keith

If you really want to go on that cruise, you should book now. If you are completely flexible about going or not going, and about your choice of accomodations - with the lowest possible price being your primary concern; then you should wait. You will either get a lower price than available now - or just not go. You can keep doing that until you get a cheap cruise -- but many people find being able to plan - and get the space and time they want is more important than getting the lowest price.

We book as soon as we decide to go....I like having a choice of cabins...and sometimes, a "popular" saildate will fill very early and your preferred cabin may not be available! You can always check for price drops...although we've yet to see anything but rising prices!

We book years in advance. Months ago we booked a Dec 2013 cruise and Feb 2014 cruise. While it does tie up our money (deposit) for months and months I know that I have the cabin I want. And booking that far in advance I know that I will likely see a price drop before final payment is due.

Thanks for all the replies :) Sounds like we're already late to book this cruise :confused:

Not sure what cabin we want and not picky. We usually don't stay in a cabin/room much, but I think we would prefer a window just so we don't feel closed in. Thinking we should wait for a better price and just take what we can get.

Do you think this cruise will sell out? If we book now and the price goes down do they refund the difference? Where is the best place to book with?

I wouldn't say you're too late.

We use a travel agent and always get OBC. I'd call around to see what prices are being offered and OBC.

Sometimes the ships sell out, sometimes they don't. There really is no way to tell at this point unless there are only a few cabins left, which you can find out by trying mock bookings.

When we want a specific cruise, we book it regardless of how far in advance (but not usually more than 8 months or so). If there's a price drop, great. But we don't find those too often.

If you know that is the week and the ship you want, go ahead and book now. If the price falls before final payment, you can have it repriced. Final payment time is quickly approaching for that cruise, so you not be watching pre-final payment prices for long. After final payment, you can potentially upgrade if prices drop on a better cabin, but you cannot get price drops after final payment.

You say you are not picky about the cabin and do not plan to spend much time in the cabin. In that case I would booke the cheapest cabin you'd find acceptable now...upgrade later if prices fall after final payment.

Archived