Can you switch credit cards at the Purser's Desk?

jeffbrig

As many of you in the US are probably aware, Costco branded Amex credit card is going away, to be replaced by a rewards Visa from Citibank. The switchover (old card becomes inactive, new card becomes active) occurs about two days into my upcoming Alaska cruise.

Since the new card will give 3% cashback on travel, I'd love to have my shipboard account bill to that card. But the card number isn't going to be valid to put in my cruise personalizer pre-cruise. Is it possible to have the credit card on file updated at the purser's desk while onboard? If not, I'll use a backup card, I just prefer to maximize rewards if possible.

Edited by jeffbrig

Changing the credit card is really not much different from folks who put the shipboard account on their credit card for the purpose of booking but then give a wad of cash to the purser onboard and have their expenses deducted from that instead.

Princess is used to changes and the purser knows how to handle it.

And the longer answer is yes, but check your folio within a day or two to be sure that the change was made. DH and I each have mileage credit cards so set up our Cruise Personalizers to each use different credit cards. Twice they put everything on his card. We caught it early on one cruise, and they promised to adjust the charges and use two cards, but they never did. I would have insisted that they make adjustments, but the size of the line at Passenger Services convinced me to let it go. That was a couple of years ago, and we haven't had a problem recently.

As many of you in the US are probably aware, Costco branded Amex credit card is going away, to be replaced by a rewards Visa from Citibank. The switchover (old card becomes inactive, new card becomes active) occurs about two days into my upcoming Alaska cruise.

Since the new card will give 3% cashback on travel, I'd love to have my shipboard account bill to that card. But the card number isn't going to be valid to put in my cruise personalizer pre-cruise. Is it possible to have the credit card on file updated at the purser's desk while onboard? If not, I'll use a backup card, I just prefer to maximize rewards if possible.

Yes you can.