Tipping on Costa

BUCCA2

My husband and I are first time cruisers.. Cruising the Eastern Med in May on the Costa Fascinosa. It is a special occaision so we are staying in a suite. It is my understanding that Gratuity is already charged at 7.00 PP a day. Is it customary to gove your butler and wait staff in the main dining room an additional tip? Is this cash? is it done daily? or at the end? do you tip bar tenders as you go? WE have the all inclusive drink packages:D

Thank you for assisting with my questions!

you charges will be in euros since you are cruising in the med. everything will be in euros - shore excurions, hotel charge (tips), etc. the amoutn varies a little, depending on the length of your cruise. odd, but i can't find the exact amount on costa's website.

when i had the x1 package, i found i received much better service from the bar waiters when i tipped a euro. they almost competed to bring my drinks.

there is no need to tip anything extra, but i usually do at the end of the cruise in cash, but only to those that have made my vacation special.

No additional tipping required. The daily automatic service charge is divided among the crew members at the end of the cruise. You don't have to do anything. If your butler, cabin steward, and table waiters have been exceptional, by all means give them something extra at the end (e.g. 10-20 euros).

Oh for a world where people are paid a living wage for the duties they carry out and there is no longer the facility for people to "buy" preferential treatment.

Aah you are right,but that is really pre-tipping otherwise known as bribery which, of course, should NEVER be done. I don't think it's something that we Brits do anyway.:D

Archived