Disney Transportation or Car Rental?

seba1

We will be flying to Orlando the day before our cruise leaves and are thinking about staying on property at an All Star Resort since we have friends in the area who can get us tickets to Disney for free. Since we may stay on property (and can take advantage of the free bus to the resort from the airport, as well as the free transportation around Disney) we are wondering if it would make sense to rent a car to drive to Port Canaveral the next day or pay for the Disney transfers. Transfers are $70 pp and we have 4 in our party (2 adults and 2 young kids).

And advice would be appreciated!

Hey! I highly recomment that you opt to rent a car instead...The Disney transfers are way to expensive, I am arriving also at MCO the night before the cruise ..I rent a car at the airport with Avis and i will return it at Cape Canaveral the following day, they offered free shuttle and it gives you the opportunity to drive around Orlando or visit the parks while there.Also i only pay 70 bucks for the one day rental, cheapest than the transfer.:D

I'd get a rental car. We usually get one using rental codes for ~$40-55.00 for the way to the port. On the way back, it's a little more than what I posted above. It' easy to do the whole rental, the picking up and dropping off. It saves a lot of money.

I was going to suggest the transfer until I saw there were four of you. You might consider a rental to the port but Disney transfers to the airport as that way you'll get onboard checkin and luggage handling if headed straight to MCO.

Although people on here almost always tell you to rent a car because its cheaper...I like not having to deal with your luggage when Disney handles everything. To me its worth the extra $ not to deal with it...but to each their own...

We are renting a car from Enterprise, and so far have been very impressed with the process. Every time I called to ask a question I got an intelligent helpful person, and we are paying a fraction of what we would have with any other form of transportation. We are arriving Saturday and driving up to my Mom's in Lady Lake, then taking her and the 5 of us to Port Canaveral Sunday and dropping the car off (hubby will drop off car and use the free shuttle). We got a Minivan for 75.00, and it's all considered a single day's rental! That's less than half of the cost of just getting us to my Mom's place, let alone the port the next day. For the ride home, we got a sedan for about 40.00 for the 5 of us and Mom is going to hang around the area with friends. I now have an extra $100.00 in my budget for fun activities. More if you consider we're spending Saturday night at my Mom's instead of a hotel, which was the original plan.

Although people on here almost always tell you to rent a car because its cheaper...I like not having to deal with your luggage when Disney handles everything. To me its worth the extra $ not to deal with it...but to each their own...

True and read some people prefer this.

For us it's saves my family of 4 at least $200.00. I can handle my own baggage for this savings. Besides the porters at the port will take out your baggage from the car if you'd like, so that really leaves us putting our bags into the car once on the way to the port.

On the way home, once more.

True and read some people prefer this.

For us it's saves my family of 4 at least $200.00. I can handle my own baggage for this savings. Besides the porters at the port will take out your baggage from the car if you'd like, so that really leaves us putting our bags into the car once on the way to the port.

On the way home, once more.

Like I said, to each his own. Personally for me, being able to put my checked bags outside my cabin the night before the last day, and not see or touch them again until I land at my home airport is worth the extra money. To those that its not, most people will tell you to rent a car, as I said in my first post.

I was going to suggest the transfer until I saw there were four of you. You might consider a rental to the port but Disney transfers to the airport as that way you'll get onboard checkin and luggage handling if headed straight to MCO.

This is exactly what we do!! We like having the rental car on the front end, so that we can do a grocery or other stop on the way to both the parks and ships. But we like the onboard checkin and luggage handling for the return, well worth the extra money this way.

i hope this link can help you!...

.http://www.google.com.ph/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=2&ved=0CBEQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Forlandotaxiservice.com%2F&rct=j&q=+would+make+sense+to+rent+a+car+to+drive+to+Port+Canaveral+the+next+day+or+pay+for+the+Disney+transfers.+&ei=FbtIS6jeOIHY7APgqZjXCw&usg=AFQjCNHeLTB2jQP5WqVmjUjfNt9n0oKl2A&sig2=RKI44vbWSO01LXZVic2CRQ

I am glad that you asked the question. I too will pay for Disney transportation. Mainly, because I don't want to get lost, and then Disney will know where they are going....When I do go on vacation near here, I do the driving and it's ok if I make a wrong turn as I am never in a hurry..however, I don't want to miss the ship and the other thing...I am very well, deathly afraid of water, so I want to be on time and not worrying about anything else..I know my grandkids will put the joy in the entire time...

I am glad that you asked the question. I too will pay for Disney transportation. Mainly, because I don't want to get lost, and then Disney will know where they are going....When I do go on vacation near here, I do the driving and it's ok if I make a wrong turn as I am never in a hurry..however, I don't want to miss the ship and the other thing...I am very well, deathly afraid of water, so I want to be on time and not worrying about anything else..I know my grandkids will put the joy in the entire time...

Just an FYI. It is virtually impossible to get lost going from the airport to the port. You literally leave the airport and stay on the same highway until you see the ship.

FYI - I was very impressed with the Disney transfers. In addition, it was a plus not having to deal with the luggage transfers. However, if I were paying $280, I might think differently. I also know some prefer a rental car when visiting the parks because it is faster to get around than using the Disney transportation. However, when I'm on vacation, I really don't want to drive. You also have two car seats to worry about if you rent a car, which means two more things to lug with you and store.

I would also check out a shuttle service. Then you can get the door to door service and not have to handle your luggage. It'll be more than renting a car, but much less than the cost of the Disney transportation. That, and you can get them to include car seats if you still need them.

Cocoa Beach Shuttle gets mostly good reviews here. I haven't used them, but will include them in my options for my summer cruise out of Port Canaveral.

Archived