Why rent a golf cart instead of a CAR?

MaureenNC

It looks like we can rent a convertible car for $60, whereas golf carts are $90 and up. With a car we have the option of putting the roof up and the AC on if we need a sun break, or enjoying the ocean breeze. Also, I have seen a few comments about the golf carts not having much pep (especially with 4 adults, or a full size family), and sometimes about the carts being older, breaking down, etc.

What is the big appeal to the golf carts?

You go slow and enjoy the scenery instead of rushing to get somewhere. Easier to maneuver in town and pull over and stop at various points.

However, you're concerns are on point and if you are assured of getting a convertible, the price quote is very reasonable.

Personally I like the 'openness' of a golf cart. Easier to hop on and off, easier to park/find parking, easier to maneuver. I am in a car every day, on vacation I want something different.

I completely agree with this. How often do you get to cruise around an island in a golf cart and enjoy the scenery? It was just a lot of fun, easy parking, pull over and jump off any time you wanted and just plain fun! Remember, you're on island time and rushing around in a car is not needed. :D