Hawaii

tinsel57

There are a number of different options. If you want just Hawaii, NCL is the only line which offers 7-night intra-Hawaii cruises on the Pride of Aloha (and coming up Pride of America). They also offer 10 and 11-night sailings which include Fanning Island.

Other lines such as Celebrity, Carnival, Royal Caribbean have choices ranging from 15-night sailings from the west coast (generally 10 sea days - 5 out and 5 back), along with some one-way sailings which embark in San Diego, detour to Ensenada, and disembark in Hawaii - usually 10 or 11-nights (and the reverse, of course).

Princess does several repositioning sailings in the fall and spring as her ships move back and forth from Alaska.

It all depends on what you're wanting out of the cruise which one is "best" for you.

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">Amber</font>

<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource

BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

Don't want to be a pooper but..if I had to do it again I'd not cruise Hawaii. We just returned in March from a 7 day aboard NCLs Star. I felt we didn't get enough time in any one port and the cruise was not all I had hoped. If I return to hawaii it will be to stay for a couple of days on one island but I won't cruise again.

The Moyers

Dennis & Debbie

Navigator of the Seas 9/18

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;9;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I believe the new NCL Hawaii itineraries absent Fanning Island will have longer days in port and even an overnight. Fanning took three and a half days out of the cruise which was ridiculous. It was an interesting place but not worth the price.

Peter

We did the Ensenada to Hawaii (and fly back) one year ago with Royal Caribbean for our 25th anniv and it was great. We hadn't been to Hawaii before, and it was a great way to get a taste of the islands, and the sea days to start were so relaxing. We were two days in Maui, and I loved everything about how the cruise was laid out.

RC Nordic Empress 1/92 Bahamas

RC Enchantment W Carib 1/01

Legend to Hawaii 3/03

Next:

Carib Princess E Carib 6/04

Archived