Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > North American Homeports > East Coast Departures > Florida Departures

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Florida Departures
Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami & Port Canaveral & Tampa

Old March 21st, 2005, 11:44 AM
Cool Cruiser

Unhappy Disappointed in Miami Intercontinental

I booked the Intercontinental for one night pre-cruise. I had stayed there before about 10 years ago in a large, sunny room that was very nice. This time, we were given a small room with two double beds. The beds were true doubles so sleeping with my husband was cramped. They are constructing new wings of the hotel. We had a "view" of the construction and the room was quite dark because the new wing obstructed the sunlight. We were awakened early Saturday morning with construction noise and pounding.

We got our room on Priceline and had to pay $140 because it was Spring Break. The room definitely wasn't worth that and I'd have rather stayed somewhere for $80 where I could have a Queen bed and quiet.

Old March 21st, 2005, 10:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

Sorry about your stay. I haven't stayed there, but make sure to post your review on tripadvisor.com. It should affect its rating.
Disney's Wonder 9/18/05 Bahamas
Disney's Magic 8/3/08 Mexican Riviera
Carnival Dream 1/9/10 Roatan & Belize
Carnival Victory 11/18/12 Southern Caribbean

Old March 21st, 2005, 11:06 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default ditto

we were at the intercontinental 2 years ago pre cruise. our room was great and we had a fantastic view of the ships coming and going. at the time...they were just starting construction of a high rise right next door. because we had a positive experience there...we stayed there this past christmas post cruise and what a difference a day makes. that high rise is almost completed and they may as well pour cement over the pool area now. it is completely in the shade the entire day. traveling with kids a pool is esential.
explorer of the seas '06
became a friend of henry 10/06
mariner of the seas '06
brilliance panama 12 night '07
independence of the seas '08

Old March 22nd, 2005, 02:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'll be staying there next week for two nights, I guess I should ask for a non-construction view when I check in. I also won't be happy about hearing construction noise early in the am! Don't care abotu the pool as I won't be using it and going to the beaches instead...