Las Caletas or Yelapa Boat/Snorkeling Trip in P.V.??

sgirlsmom

Hi guys,

My DH and I are on the 11/6/05 Carnival Pride 7 day. We're trying to decide between doing the Las Caletas Boat & Snorkeling Tour or the Yelapa Boat/Snorkeling Tour. Also, should we book these through Carnival or try to find private vendors?? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, as we've never been to P.V. and are clueless! We're looking for a fun, somewhat adventorous day with some yummy drinks to go along with the fun. :-)

Thanks!

The trip was OK, the waters not as clear as Hawaii but we saw a Sea Horse, an octopus, a puffer fish and a star fish. Lots of colorful fish to see also. The guides were great. Think the head guy names was Casper the ghost. You get juice coffee and breads and fruit on the way there and chips and salsa on the way home with beer or cocktails. All you can drink.

I wasn't too impressed with the town of Yelapa. You eat lunch there in the open air restaurant, and the vendors try to sell you stuff while you eat, the bathroom was yucky... The pie was good. The pie lady sold us pie for 1 dollar a slice and had a couple of choices. She was very nice. Then for an hour you can sit on the beach or swim in the beach.

Then you sail back to the port. It was VERY hot that day but the breeze on the boat was refreshing.

Would I go again?? No probably not. Am I glad I went?? Yes

I booked thru the ship and didn't try to book outside of the ship.

Any question just ask.

Cathy

Because I have booked the Rthyam of the Night tour at Las Caletas, I was led to believe that Vallarta Adventures had exclusive rights to Las Caletas and only sold the tours through the cruise lines if you were on a cruise. Hope this makes sense. In other words, if you were a hotel guest then you could book through the tour operator but not as a cruise guest. Unfortunately, our night tour is $15 more pp through the ship. We will be getting off the ship as you get on. Bon Voyage

Archived