Live From Carnival Breeze: Questions, Comments, Cocktails on Me?

Dan Askin

I'm leaving Thursday evening on a redeye bound for Barcelona, where I'll board the just-launched, 3,690-passenger Carnival Breeze for a week-long stint in the Med.

SCHEDULE

Friday, June 15: Embark in Barcelona

Saturday, June 16: Marseilles

Sunday, June 17: Livorno

Monday, June 18: Civitavecchia (Rome)

Tuesday, June 19: Salerno

Wednesday, June 20: Sea Day

Thursday, June 21: Dubvrovnik

Friday, June 22: Debark in Venice

And while the pit stops will certainly play a prominent role in our coverage (Salerno had us reaching for a guidebook), we're more curious about Breeze itself, the first total embodiment of Fun Ship 2.0. For those who don't know, that's Carnival's half billion dollar initiative aimed at retooling the line vis a vis booze, burgers, burritos and George Lopez ... among other things. With no more new-builds on the docket beyond Breeze, Carnival brass are taking a hard look at tweaking what they've got. Breeze will be something of the prototype.

Internet willing, I'm shooting to publish a couple times a day on this thread. Feel free to post any questions you might have about Breeze, Fun Ship 2.0, connecting cabins (I have one) or the now-legendary John Heald (no poop-related questions, please).

We'll also be posting over on the Lido Deck Blog ("Hits & Misses," "Farcus-Free, How's It Feel?" and such), on Cruise Critic's Facebook page and on the Carnival Breeze review page.

All the content from the trip will be housed on the review page.

Editor's Note: That bit about the cocktails was just a means of enticing you to click.

Editor's Note: That bit about the cocktails was just a means of enticing you to click.

I feel like I've been lied to. :(

:rolleyes: :cool: :D

Have a great trip and we're looking forward to your reports! If you happen to track down the people in cabin 2368 can you get some pictures of the cabin? :D

I will be looking forward to reading your reviews. We will be on the Breeze Dec 22. We will be in a cove balcony cabin.

Would love to see pictures of the ship and cabins, if possible.

Can't wait to read all the info you will be posting! We will be boarding her in February also!! :cool:

Sheila<----------------thinks there will be so many new things to see and do...how on earth will be pick and choose among them... :eek::p

Awesome!!!

Thanks in advance for going to the trouble of posting while on your cruise.

It will make my wait until we get to go on this amazing new ship much easier.

What kind of cabin will you be in?

Have a safe and uneventful flight across the pond!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for whatever info you can give us on the Breeze. I think that we are all very curious about the new ship.

We are also interested in your assessment of the ports of call as we will be doing the same itinerary beginning October 25.

Look forward to your posts.

Becky

Could you post how the punchliner brunch works with the regular bfast and lunch?

Certainly, will do.

Awesome!!!

Thanks in advance for going to the trouble of posting while on your cruise.

It will make my wait until we get to go on this amazing new ship much easier.

What kind of cabin will you be in?

Have a safe and uneventful flight across the pond!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Send bottles of Champagne to #7383, which is a standard (roughly midship) balcony cabin. It's a double occupancy accommodation and it connects to #7385. I'll let you know if my neighbors have anything interesting to say.

Okay - this is going to sound dumb but could you grab a couple of pictures (if you remember) of the wheelchair accessible companion bathrooms? They are located with the regular bathrooms in several areas and would just like to get an idea of their size.

thanks.

Okay - this is going to sound dumb but could you grab a couple of pictures (if you remember) of the wheelchair accessible companion bathrooms? They are located with the regular bathrooms in several areas and would just like to get an idea of their size.

thanks.

Not dumb -- I'll see what I can do (will peek under the stalls before I snap away).

I will be looking forward to reading your reviews. We will be on the Breeze Dec 22. We will be in a cove balcony cabin.

Would love to see pictures of the ship and cabins, if possible.

We are on the 22nd cruise with and in a cove. We were in a cove on the dream last year and loved it! We have not booked flights yet. Hope the flight price drops soon!!!

Hi Dan, looking forward to following your thread, going on the Breeze on 2nd Aug.

Carnival site says plug sockets are 110AC when we went on Royal Caribbean last year they had socket we could use either US or European adapters, what on the Breeze please..

Hi Dan, looking forward to following your thread, going on the Breeze on 2nd Aug.

Carnival site says plug sockets are 110AC when we went on Royal Caribbean last year they had socket we could use either US or European adapters, whats on the Breeze please..

This is excellent, Thank you for doing this!

I imagine you will be embarking as we speak!...how exciting! I do hope the weather has calmed down since Tuesday in the Med for you!

My boyfriend and I are heading out on the 19th September 2012 to enjoy this beautiful ship.

I have a couple of questions that i'd love you to answer if possible!...other may actually be able to answers more general questions about carnival as i've never sailed with them before!!

1) What is cherry on top?...i'm guessing a sweet shop...but are the prices resonable, or is it somewhere to avoid to get away from temptation!!?

2) Cocktail bars on the ship - is the piano bar the only formal evening cocktail spot?

3) I'd also LOVE to know about the gym (if its somewhere you will be frequenting?!)..I imagine the gym is free of charge, however are there any fitness classes on sea days which will be free of charge?

Thanks so much, I am sure you will have an UNbelievable time!

Kelly.

Archived