What do you do the night before your cruise

djmutters

We always fly in the day before as well. But since we always have such early flights, we tend to spend that evening resting up so we will feel fresh for the day we embark. We have a 5:25am flight to San Juan coming up at the end of the month. We will will be up by 2am to leave for the airport by 2:45am. When we had this early a flight to Miami one time, we were asleep by 5:30 and slept until 8am the next day. That is really saying something since I am not much of a sleeper by nature. So anyway, we don't really make any plans for that evening other than a quick dinner.

We also typically fly in a day or two before. Stay in a nice hotel and relax... My next cruise however is on the Explorer out of Bayonne, since I live in NJ and the port is only about 1/2 hour from my home I guess I'll just be home dreaming about the cruise the night before. First time we have not flown to the cruise embarkation port, should be interesting.

living in FL, we don't have far to travel to get to the ship. We drop off our child (that handsome boy in my avatar pic, he's chasing bubbles in that pic btw) at the sitter, then relax for our mini-road trip in the morning.

Love your avatar.... and we call our cat and dog our "kids".. so love the "child" comment:D

We, too, arrive in the port city the afternoon before...we settle in the hotel, go and have a few drinks, eat, then crash! We get up in the morning, have a late breakfast, and head to the ship around 11am. I wear my bathing suit (under my clothes!!) and hit the pool right away! Since we ate late, I don't have to do the seemingly mandatory "lunch" thing!

When the kids are not coming with, we typically go out for dinner, go to late bingo, then pretend like we're sleeping until it's about 4am, then we load up the car and go to the airport.

The last 2 trips have not been cruises, so we have stayed at a park and fly hotel the evening before, then shuttle to the airport.

This year will be our first fly in a day early trip, so the whole ritual will be one night earlier.

The last few cruises we havent stayed in a hotel the day before because they either embark from NYC (close to where we live) or a short flight to florida. I can never sleep the night before because i get too excited about all the wonderful things i get to see and eat!

We fly in a day early and meet up with other CC members that are taking the same cruise at the hotel we are all staying at. We meet for the first time at the pool, have some drinks, swim, party, then go to dinner. If we are lucky we meet other couples that we would enjoy cruising with again and again, which we have.

We usually fly in the day before, have a few drinks, a few more drinks, a few drinks, oh, eat dinner, and get to bed early because we were up early for our flight and got no sleep the night before because we were too excited about our vacation! Then we are up early, have a good breakfast and try to get to the port by noon. We are usually in bed early again the first night of the cruise, but then are well rested for the rest of the vacation.:D

NCL Sky -Jan 2004- Bro's Wedding Cruise, the one that started it all!

RCCL Navigator-Jan 2005

Carnival Triumph- Jan 2006

Carnival Triumph- Jan 2009

Carnival Pride-July 2009

We usually fly in the day before. However, I usually run around like a mad woman the night before we fly. I am checking and double checking the packing list. I am usually driving DH nuts, but it always happens because he refuses to help me with packing. He wears contacts, and I don't, so it always seems like I forget to pack something contact related! I don't have a clue as to what he needs, and when I ask he just says, "I don't know"!!! So frustrating! I clean the house so the pet sitter won't think we live like slobs, and so I have a halfway clean house to return home to.

I don't really sleep at all the night before.

I get a good nights sleep in the hotel once we arrive at our cruise port. Then I am relaxed and ready to cruise!

Archived