POA Pub Crawl?

DrOfBytes

I've read some old Cruise Critic posts that the Pride of America had a Pub Crawl/Hop on Sail Away night. However, the most recent posts on this are several years old. Do any recent POA passengers know if they are still doing this? Apparently you paid something like $20 pp and went around in a group visiting the bars on the ship in a group. Sounded like fun!

We did the pub crawl and it was a blast.

We also did the beer tasting, but that was a total waste of time. Everyone there was complaining about how bad the beers were and all of them were served only slightly cool. I know some people like warm beer, but I'm not a fan and certainly nobody else there was either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

OK, not a lot of information on the pub crawl so far. It sounds like they still have it. Does anybody know when it starts and ends, approximately? Just wondering what other things (e.g. shows, sail away party, dinner reservation?) we may miss if we attend the pub crawl. Then again, if we visit enough bars, we may not care what we miss! :D

OK, not a lot of information on the pub crawl so far. It sounds like they still have it. Does anybody know when it starts and ends, approximately? Just wondering what other things (e.g. shows, sail away party, dinner reservation?) we may miss if we attend the pub crawl. Then again, if we visit enough bars, we may not care what we miss! :D

Ok, this is from back in August 2014, but I doubt much has changed. When you get your key card at sign in, they should give you a flyer or Freestyle Daily which should list the goings on for that day and evening. For us this is pretty much what went on up until Sailaway. There was a Beer Tasting at 3:00 in Gold Rush, but as someone else said, this is pretty lame. We did it on another ship. Now, if they have a Tequila Tasting, that's another story! Shows that first night were at 8:00, Welcome Aboard Show, theatre, and 9:30 Best of Broadway Cabaret show at 9:30 in Mardi Gras Lounge.

4:45 Mandatory Life Boat Drill

5:00 Pub Hop Sign Ups, Ocean Drive Bar, 11 Mid

5:30 Pub Hop, $15 and 5 drinks, 45 minutes

5:30- Poolside BBQ

7:30

6:00 Jimmy Buffet Deck Party, South Beach Pool, 11 mid, $3.95 Margaritas

6:45 Sail Away Party, South Beach Pool, 11 mid

7:00 Sail Away

Edited by punkincc

They were doing it when we went a year ago. I don't remember exact times or prices but it finished on deck at the deck party. Genius, really. Get a good sized group of people liquored up and dump em off at the deck party to set the tone. It's before sail away. We did the pub crawl, stayed for a few minutes of the party, went to find food and we're finishing up dinner from the buffet as we sailed away.

~Katy

• 3 weeks later...