Miami weather in October

chelllll

Does anyone know what the weather is typically like in Miami during October? What about hurricane season, is it over by then? Will the beach be warm enough to swim in? Thanks.

Greetings

Hurricane season is still on until 30 November but the peak of the season is over. The weather will still be warm and humid. The water will be in the 80's F (27 C). Water temps don't usually start dropping until sometime in November. South Florida usually gets it's first cold front of the season late October, not really "cold", but we finally see the lows drop into the 60's.

Good Sailing

Tom

Greetings

Hurricane season is still on until 30 November but the peak of the season is over. The weather will still be warm and humid. The water will be in the 80's F (27 C). Water temps don't usually start dropping until sometime in November. South Florida usually gets it's first cold front of the season late October, not really "cold", but we finally see the lows drop into the 60's.

Good Sailing

Tom

Thanks Tom, We were thinking about adding a few extra days before sailing but I thought I should see how the weather usually is. Sounds good to me, just hope mother nature keeps it shining for us.:)

Does anyone know what the weather is typically like in Miami during October? What about hurricane season, is it over by then? Will the beach be warm enough to swim in? Thanks.

October is still our summer. The over night temps don't drop into the 60s until December. The average daily low in October is 75 degrees and the ocean water is still in the 80s.

One of the worst sunburns I ever got in my life was in mid October in the Keys. Wear your sunblock.

Don't worry about hurricanes. You'll have plenty of advanced notice.