discounts on Uniworld cruises?

makeupartist40

I'm a little confused. I didn't name a TA or website, and in fact used the exact same wording that I found on another post on CC, so I thought that was a generic term that was acceptable. Is "TA" the only acceptable term?

I'm a little confused. I didn't name a TA or website, and in fact used the exact same wording that I found on another post on CC, so I thought that was a generic term that was acceptable. Is "TA" the only acceptable term?

Deleted, as I thought I referenced something in my earlier post that I didn't (a link previously posted in this forum by another user).

Edited by hiccups

I have found that a certain travel agency always comes up when I try to search Uniworld. I would get prices from a few places and then compare to see what really is a discount or not. This one travel agency must pay a lot of money to be so high in a Google search.

I think that Host Jazzbeau may have been cautioning everyone who might post to remember the rule about mentioning TAs by name. Just trying to avoid a problem. At least that was my impression.

There was a mention of a website whose name refers to animals, which I believe is a TA.

According to their website, they aren't a travel agency, and the name comes up multiple times if you search the forum. But at least now I know what the objection was--my memory's too short to remember ;)

I had previously posted a link to some deals that were offered by that animal-like website, but but the deals were actually posted on Uniworld's own website, which I thought made it acceptable (which was where the link went). Just want to verify that type of link/deal is ok ... for the future.

I'd also add that Uniworld regularly offers deals through their email newsletter and through some well-known online travel deal conglomerates, but if there is a particular cruise at a particular time of year you want to take, I wouldn't wait for one. They seem to be best for people that can be flexible and just choose a cruise based on a heavily discounted price.

I had previously posted a link to some deals that were offered by that animal-like website, but but the deals were actually posted on Uniworld's own website, which I thought made it acceptable (which was where the link went). Just want to verify that type of link/deal is ok ... for the future.

Exactly... they are a social media outlet that posts deals. Today's email from them was a deal for tickets for New Kids on the Block. I think I'll pass on that one :D

But as I said, if you search the forum it comes up multiple times, so maybe the standards are more strict than in the past.

Uniworld actually has a really good early booking discount on their website for 2016 cruises right now until the middle of May.

Unfortunately, we booked our cruise mid-March and paid in full and only received the normal early booking discount. After seeing these big promotions, I am having our TA talk to Uniworld to see if they can do anything for us. It would stink if we miss out by booking just a couple of weeks too early for these promotions. We will get a chance first-hand to see how good Uniworld's customer service is ;)

I just got word from our TA that Uniworld is refunding our credit card to give us the most recent promotional offer! What awesome customer service they have!! :D

Glad to hear that. We are looking to book the Danube for next April to take advantage of the double EBD that you've now received. We had tentatively looked at China next March, but the dates won't work for us. So looks like the Danube for us. Might have to update my signature... :)

I received an email overnight from a friend in the U.S and he was over the moon that Tauck had refunded him $800 ($400 p/p) on his next cruise because of the falling value of the Euro against the U.S Dollar. It is great to see premier river cruise lines react like this. This is Customer Service that you can't buy.

Now if the bloody Aussie Dollar would just stop free-falling we too might have been able to take advantage of these superb offers. Ah! We always live in hope that the Lotto fairy has us on her "to visit list".

I received an email overnight from a friend in the U.S and he was over the moon that Tauck had refunded him $800 ($400 p/p) on his next cruise because of the falling value of the Euro against the U.S Dollar. It is great to see premier river cruise lines react like this. This is Customer Service that you can't buy.

Now if the bloody Aussie Dollar would just stop free-falling we too might have been able to take advantage of these superb offers. Ah! We always live in hope that the Lotto fairy has us on her "to visit list".

I do have some sympathy for you guys, as well as our Canadian friends, whose dollars are falling in value. But I did get stuck visiting Oz a few years back when, the AUD was almost on parity with the USD, so they did get me good that trip... And the Canadians got me last year when their dollar was temporarily worth more than ours!

You win some, you lose some!