Moorea 'dock'.

AmR87

Hello everyone,

I am looking for help concerning where the ship docks/pier I would be dropped off at in moorea. I have been emailing back and forth with top dive for scuba diving and they need to know where my husband and I would be picked up from.

Any help?

Edited by AmR87

The ship doesn't dock in Moorea. Usually, she anchors in Opunohu Bay, but in the past they used Cooks bay.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ61D71rnOXgXAt_o8lnTSHA7CjwPRlcgQL8ddQDDXbXW1jqBhJ

Right, I understand that it does not dock. That was the incorrect word for me to use. I more or less need to know which bay we will be in so I can tell them where I need to be picked up from. I'd be the one person that tells them opunohu and it would be cooks.

I've done searches and nothing comes up.

There are a few factors that can determine which bay is chosen. You won't know until you get there. We watched the PG sail out of Oponohu while in our OWB at the IC before our cruise and the very next week anchored in Cooks because a Princess ship was in Oponohu. Top Dive just needs to know what ship you are on.

PG normally anchors in Oponohu Bay since a new tender dock was built. This bay is deeper than Cooks. However when a larger ship is in town, Oceania, Princess etc they anchor at Cooks. Cooks is not as deep and infrastructure is not as developed. The Bay's are next to each other so you don't need to worry and your operator will know.

The place you do need to worry is Huahine as the two possible anchoring sites are far from each other. I usually keep the operators phone number handy here so I can call if it's anchored at a different spot.

Not sure who is picking you up but anyone on the island will know where they are tendering to on that date.

What he says! Don't sweat it--Top Dive should know where the ship is anchored. It will most likely be Oponahu, but perhaps Cook's, depending on weather and other ships.