Which Ship Would You Choose and Why

If you could take your dream bucket list vacation; which Royal Caribbean ship would you choose to take this vacation? What makes that specific ship stand out to you; and why? Thanks, I have been away from Royal for five years and want to come back. So would like to get opinions from the experts. 2nd question who out there prefers the small ships to the mega ships?

I'd take whichever ship is going around the horn, but since no RC ship is scheduled to do that, my next choice would be the Radiance transpacific from Sydney to Vancouver. Smaller ships.

Bob we took the Radiance all the way during our 2014 Australia trip. This included the NZ, Transpacific & Hawaii back to Vancouver.

AF- 1 our dream trip was to do Australia, I chose the 13 day NZ and it was fabulous. I would love to return and do the Australia Coast back to Sydney.

Gay

Bob we took the Radiance all the way during our 2014 Australia trip. This included the NZ, Transpacific & Hawaii back to Vancouver. ...

That would be another dream trip: complete cirumnavigation of Australia, plus NZ, followed by the transpacific back to Vancouver.

Looks like several of us have the same thoughts. I'm doing my bucket list cruises next March on Radiance; New Zealand followed by Australia.

I usually cruise based on itinerary and prefer the Radiance class of ships. I've avoided the mega ships up to now but will take my chances on Oasis in October.

We recently went on a terrific cruise of several Caribbean islands on the Jewel of the Seas, a medium-sized Radiance class ship. The ship left from San Juan, Puerto Rico and stopped at St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados before returning to San Juan.

I have been on a Radience class, Oasis class, and Freedom class- my favorite is Freedom class as enjoy a larger ship, but do not like having to preplan show reservations ahead of time like you must do for the Oasis class ships. My husband is in agreement with me . (We are in our early 50's) Our twenty something girls love the Oasis class. Itineraries are not that important to us as we usually stay on the ship at most ports.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I get so excited when I read these "bucket list" trips!

We are still doing family cruises and exploring the mega ships and Caribbean because our family is enjoying them together. (We did do a 3 week land vacation on Austalian east coast last year too though )

But when boys are grown and gone, I am looking forward to some of the one you've listed!!

Bob our trip in 2014 with the 9 days we spent post cruise in Sydney with two all day trips amounted to 54 days for our family of 4. We stayed in Apartments in Sydney and used the market around the corner for our food.. The 4 of us shared a 2 bedroom with cooking and laundry facilities and spent $1130. and saved because we weren't eating out.

Gay

I'd take whichever ship is going around the horn, but since no RC ship is scheduled to do that, my next choice would be the Radiance transpacific from Sydney to Vancouver. Smaller ships.

+ 1 Radiance OTS Seward to Vancouver to Honolulu to Sydney is the right way :) Smaller ships

Bob our trip in 2014 with the 9 days we spent post cruise in Sydney with two all day trips amounted to 54 days for our family of 4. We stayed in Apartments in Sydney and used the market around the corner for our food.. The 4 of us shared a 2 bedroom with cooking and laundry facilities and spent $1130. and saved because we weren't eating out.

Gay

Sounds like an excellent setup. I have read that prices for restaurants and hotels in Sydney are much higher than we are used to in the states. Thanks for the tip.:)

When it comes to my bucket list cruises, I base my decisions on the destinations rather than the specific ship. As long as I'm on Royal, I'm happy.

I'd like to do the northern Transatlantic that hits Iceland, the Transpacific with stops in Tahiti, a circumnavigation of Australia, as well as New Zealand. Around the horn is on the bucket list too. Also, Panama and Suez Canals. I'd also like to go back to Alaska on Radiance (or Quantum Class if one ever heads up that way).

Voyager class ship leaving from Buenos Aires Argentina. Going around the horn up the west coast of South America through the Panama Canal (will we fit under the bridge?)stopping at a few islands including Cuba. A drop off in Fort Lauderdale concludes the journey.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Voyager class ship leaving from Buenos Aires Argentina. Going around the horn up the west coast of South America through the Panama Canal (will we fit under the bridge?)stopping at a few islands including Cuba. A drop off in Fort Lauderdale concludes the journey.

Uncertainty on the bridge. I've been reading the posts on that and it seems that if the tide is right, there should be a few feet clearance, but it might not be enough of a margin for the canal authorities and/or RC to allow it.

Thank you. I see you like the Radiance; I have not sailed on that class of ship yet. But I loved Splendor when she was part of the fleet. Great info

Bob we took the Radiance all the way during our 2014 Australia trip. This included the NZ, Transpacific & Hawaii back to Vancouver.

AF- 1 our dream trip was to do Australia, I chose the 13 day NZ and it was fabulous. I would love to return and do the Australia Coast back to Sydney.

Gay

That is two people who chose Radiance class ships. Good to know. Thanks for the info

Looks like several of us have the same thoughts. I'm doing my bucket list cruises next March on Radiance; New Zealand followed by Australia.

I usually cruise based on itinerary and prefer the Radiance class of ships. I've avoided the mega ships up to now but will take my chances on Oasis in October.

Wow, another vote for Radiance class ship. I have been on Allure. I really enjoyed it; but my fav was Splendor. Thanks for the feedback

I have been on a Radience class, Oasis class, and Freedom class- my favorite is Freedom class as enjoy a larger ship, but do not like having to preplan show reservations ahead of time like you must do for the Oasis class ships. My husband is in agreement with me . (We are in our early 50's) Our twenty something girls love the Oasis class. Itineraries are not that important to us as we usually stay on the ship at most ports.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Funny you mention this. I too loved Freedom of the Seas; matter of fact my wife and I took five of our Grandkids on Freedom. Lots for them to do. But I am pretty much wanting to try the Radiance class ships. I hear there is a lot of glass; which is good for viewing. Thanks for the feedback

Thank you. I see you like the Radiance; I have not sailed on that class of ship yet. But I loved Splendor when she was part of the fleet. Great info

Splendour and Radiance are similar. Both have a Centrum instead of a Royal Promanade. Both have a covered Solarium. Both have lots of glass to see outside from most all public venues.

Gay

Gay, you did 54 day cruise and land in 2014? Wow that is impressive

Ooooh...if money was no object...and after my fur faced baby has passed into kitty kat

heaven.....I would want to board Radiance out of Vancouver and stay on board until

she returns to Vancouver! :hearteyes:

Very nice reply. Thank you for the feedback