Eastern Caribbean Port changes

kc58ab

Just a thought/question: a few have suggested that if Carnival were to do a western itinerary vs an eastern, it would be cheaper and therefore, the passenger should get a refund. So based on that suggestion, if your eastern itinerary would be changed to a more expensive southern itinerary, you'd be more than willing to pay the additional upcharge?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think I may have said this before, I think maybe on this thread. Anyway I'll repeat.

No I wouldn't expect to pay more money to go to a more expensive itinerary. I compute this to any other purchase I made, if they cannot deliver the product or service then most expect an equal or greater value replacement.

With that said I realize the contract states they don't have to. I also understand they cannot control the weather.

To me there is a difference between missing a port and going a completely different itinerary.

Also going on a Western itinerary instead of Eastern there are many people that live in the Western side of the United States that could have done that cruise from say Galveston and drove versus Miami and had to fly.

I would purchase insurance and if given notice of this soon enough I would just cancel so it wouldn't be an issue.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Forums mobile app

i received an email from a local tour i have/had a reservation for on St. Martin. this is the first communication i received since Irma about what's happening on the island.

(email received 9-14-2017)

To all my valued friends and clients,

I can not thank you enough for your concerns and emails about our safety during Hurricane Irma and St.Martin.

As you have seen in the news, Irma made a direct hit in St.Martin on Sept 5-6. It totally devastated the island. We were lucky and only lost 3 of our 11 boats and everyone is safe.

I personally was able to get evacuated yesterday by fishing boat to St. Kitts where I was able to get on a flight to Chicago with my dog and drive a rental car to Long Island NY. I am lucky to get out with the shirt on my back and a few important belongings and papers.

My house withstood the storm with minimal damage but most others were destroyed. The night of the storm was particularly scary and the days and nights following the storm were also dangerous because of looting.

We are hoping to be back in business by the middle of December 2017 as long as the cruise ships start coming back but that all depends on how quickly the island rebuilds infrastructure.

he believes he could be back in business sometime this December. that would be great news considering the decimation St. Martin experienced from Irma.

sharing this to help others gain perspective on what might occur in the coming months with cruises listing St. Martin as a port.

CA Cruzing , can you tell us what tour operator you are referring to?

We are hoping to book a particular tour next summer and I have wondered how they might have been impacted by this storm. The devastation in St Maarten is heartbreaking and I have wondered how residents will get back on their feet again. If he lost only 3 of 11 boats, well I guess that is a good thing. At least he has something left to start his business back up again. But what a horror overall, for all the people living in these devastated islands. My heart goes out to all of them.

CA Cruzing , can you tell us what tour operator you are referring to?

We are hoping to book a particular tour next summer and I have wondered how they might have been impacted by this storm. The devastation in St Maarten is heartbreaking and I have wondered how residents will get back on their feet again. If he lost only 3 of 11 boats, well I guess that is a good thing. At least he has something left to start his business back up again. But what a horror overall, for all the people living in these devastated islands. My heart goes out to all of them.

Happy to, http://www.soualigadestinations.com/soualiga_destinations/Welcome.html

Was really looking forward to this excursion. It's the best on SM.

Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy it on your cruise. We'll be back another time and book with him again.

Now "Along Comes Hurricane Maria" which could cause even more changes. :confused:

With Dominica, St Kitts, St Croix and San Juan in the direct path. Those were ports being substituted for St Martin and St Thomas. Anyone's guess where the ships will be going a week from now. Goodness, it's crazy down there.

I am WAY DOWN there on the Fascination. Just left Grenada which was a substitute port to get us South of Marie . Weather okay here {Beaufort 3 for the nautical types } On the way to Barbados which has no damage. The Captain made an announce that the rest of our itinerary is under review pending the damage assessment .

St Lucia on Thursday is uncertain, as are Antigua & St Kitts.

We are carrying supplies intended for St Kitts.

This ship homeports in San Juan & we hope that is still a port in 24 hours .....

My husband (firemanbob) is with one of the FEMA Task Forces and they arrived in Puerto Rico last night waiting to help out after the hurricane. Glad I have family here with me so I'm not home alone. Thoughts and prayers out to everyone in this monster's path.

Fireman, linemen, insurance agents, paramedics etc often are not quick to mind for some during times like this. Many people are away from home helping through their jobs. Big thank you to those people and their families who are away from their love ones.

Hope everyone in the paths of these continued storms are safe.

Fireman, linemen, insurance agents, paramedics etc often are not quick to mind for some during times like this. Many people are away from home helping through their jobs. Big thank you to those people and their families who are away from their love ones.

Hope everyone in the paths of these continued storms are safe.

Agree. May everyone stay safe including the animals. Both with the Task Force and all others on the island. I hope Maria takes a sharp turn to the north, but it's not looking good :(.

Happy to, http://www.soualigadestinations.com/soualiga_destinations/Welcome.html

Was really looking forward to this excursion. It's the best on SM.

Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy it on your cruise. We'll be back another time and book with him again.

That's exactly the one we were hoping to do. I haven't booked yet because we are still 10 months out. I'm glad to know that the owner is safe and still has most of his boats available to rebuild his business. Who knows what will happen between now and the time of our cruse, with this crazy hurricane season we are having! I'm hoping for the best for all of the residents of these islands.

I am WAY DOWN there on the Fascination. Just left Grenada which was a substitute port to get us South of Marie . Weather okay here {Beaufort 3 for the nautical types } On the way to Barbados which has no damage. The Captain made an announce that the rest of our itinerary is under review pending the damage assessment .

This ship homeports in San Juan & we hope that is still a port in 24 hours .....

I was emailing with a dive shop in Marigot Bay in St Lucia today and he said they were not hit hard at all. Booked a trip for 10/5 when I'm on the Fascination, with a great cancellation/date change policy. He did say that Dominica is destroyed :(

Do you know how this sounds? Poor you on a luxury cruise ship, think about it.

Get off your high horse please. Just because you hope that your vacation goes off as you had planned does not make you a bad person. Hurricanes happen, its an inherent risk of living in THE CARRIBEAN! If luxury cruise ships did not exist, do you know what would still exist? Hurricanes.

Thanks for taking the time to share that with us. St. Lucia was well south, so that should be fine to visit. I haven't heard much from Antigua or St. Kitts this time around; I assume they're all right. The fate of San Juan is out of anyone's hands now. We'll just have to see how it goes.