GRRRRR.....I wish I had packed....

rex00111

Ok cruisers, tell me something you wish you had packed on your last cruise...you know the thing that you didn't realize you needed till you got on board, but will take with you next trip....and on the opposite, tell me what you packed that you wish you had left at home, and just didn't need????

I wish I had brought an insulated water bottle (like the bubba keg-)

http://www.amazon.com/Bubba-Keg-Mini-Mug-Pink/dp/B0013KM3YC/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1330532464&sr=8-9

We ended up buying 2 Carnival water bottles with the insulated sleeves from the gift shop (for $20 a piece :() and it was great to fill up with iced tea or water from the buffet and then head outside to lounge by the pool. This year I will be bringing 2 Bubba kegs...

I also wished I had brought extra sweaters/sweatshirts for myself and the kids. I didn't realize it would be so chilly in the MDR or at the shows...and after wearing the same sweatshirt every night for 7 days straight- my kids were looking a little gross. :o

Of all the things to forget, I forgot my camera! Luckily my sister-in-law was along, and she takes pictures of everything and is willing to share.

The only other thing I wish I had brought was a night-light, we were in an interior cabin, which is pitch black when the lights are off.

Let me hurry and answer you because you are ready to go!! Have a great time. I would say the thing I use the most and will take extra of this time is ziplock bags I use them for everything take a box you will be glad you brought them . I like the gallon size. Also don't forget a light weight jacket it gets cold at night.

A bottle of Pepto incase you have any issues...if you need to get it from the infirmary they will quaratine your entire cabin for 48 hours:eek:...sometimes if I eat something that doesn't agree with me this is the only thing that helps coat my stomach...

I too have a list. It has served us well. I always bring more clothes than I wear, ... but I'd rather have the choices than not ( we drive to the port).

I've only forgotten one item ... once. An eyeliner/eyebrow pencil. Had to buy a Estee Lauder set at the ship's store, $38.00.

The single item I occassionally forget is sunscreen. And yes I can buy it on shore but often at twice the price.

That is funny...I usually bring about 8 bottles...it is like a buffet of sunscreen, all ranges and lotions and sprays...for all different weathers...and I agree it is VERY expensive to buy on the ship or in the ports plus the brands are limited...I only like certain ones...

Workout/walking type o' pants.... I only packed jeans, skirts, shorts & capris for our last cruise. I sooooo wished I had packed some walking pants. I must have been the only lady that didn't have a pair of good walking pants and tennis shoes ~ especially that last sea day ~ everyone either wants to be comfortable or wants to take a few laps around the decks to fight off the food coma. ;)

I too have a packing list so don't often forget stuff. But a couple of cruises ago I was in terrible pain from a soft-tissue back injury and had to wait to the last minute to throw stuff into the suitcase. I forgot our power strip and with 3 people in a cabin it was very inconvenient. I also forgot to bring my extra thin wire hangers and that was also inconvenient. However, none of this, including the back pain ruined my cruise. :D

I rarely take anything that I don't need or use. I'm not a light (just a carry-on) packer. I like to have choices and even if I might not wear something, I've never regretted taking a couple of extra things.

Have a great cruise!.:D

One thing I wished I packed were HIGHLIGHTERS! Yes, I kept reading packing lists and people specifically say, "bring highlighters to highlight things you want to do in the FunTimes". Well, I forgot my highlighter and every night we anxiously awaited the Fun Times for the next day and it was difficult to remember the next day what we wanted to do without having to reread the entire Fun Times! Now, if I had my highlighter I could just skim the pages fast and find what we wanted to do!

The thing that I packed that I didn't need was the Keg Mug! UGH, and I got a big one too! I N-E-V-E-R used it! I thought it would be ideal to bring on excursions and to the pool - BUT - the 2 sea days we didn't have pool weather and on excursions we brought our own water bottles.

once my mum and I both forgot to pack aspirin...and we both got hit with some nasty headaches about half way through our cruise... I had to keep going into the gift shop to buy the little packs (2 x 2pills)... I think I made 4 trips in 2 days just for aspirin...we both thought the other had packed it.

I also pretty much always forget to pack ALoe...because I assume I won't get a sunburn.

can't really think of something I wish I would have left...I'd say clothes, but I like to change my outfit at least 2x a day on a ship...(I dress for dinner every single day - and that's how I like it)

Archived