Sorry another car rental question

ollychelle

I have been finalizing our plans over Christmas break for our cruise in June around the Hawaiian Islands. I think I am mostly done. I am just struggling with disembarkment day. We are planning on doing Pearl Harbor and the Iolani Palace that day, because our flight doesn't leave til late that night. We had originally looked at tours, but none of the tours do what we want at the Iolani Palace plus with a party of 8 the tours are crazy expensive!! So we are not interested in tours. So what is our best option for renting two cars to get us from the pier (so we have a place to store luggage all day) and eventually to the airport later that night?

Option 1) I have heard conflicting reports that various car rental agencies will shuttle you from the pier to the airport for free if you have a reservation. Any confirmations of this and which companies do this?

Option 2) Taxi it from the pier to the airport and get a rental car at the airport. How much would taxi fare be for this option?

Option 3) Hawaii Discount Car Rental quoted me $240 for two cars, but that includes a $60 fee ($30 per car) as a rental vehicle surcharge.

Just trying to find the most cost effective way to do this without being too big of a headache/time waste. Is there another option I am missing.

Thanks in advance!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We rented a Chevy Suburban from Alamo. One of us took a cab to Alamo airport ASAP, others had leisurely walk-off and I was back by then. Suburban seats 8 easily, but not all that luggage. Plus you don't want luggage exposed in the car when you park. So used Airport Delivery and Storage...they picked everything up at the ship, delivered it to the airport that evening right to baggage check area.