Need help with pre cruise hotel in Honolulu

CarolR

We are doing the Carnival Legend in May and will be arriving for a two night stay in Honolulu prior to the cruise. Any suggestions on a decent hotel close to the beach? Since our Canadian dollar is at an all time low, we need to add 35% exchange rate to the cost. Luxury is out of the question but something relatively modern and clean would nice. Thanks for any suggestions.

Edited by CarolR

We are doing the Carnival Legend in May and will be arriving for a two night stay in Honolulu prior to the cruise. Any suggestions on a decent hotel close to the beach? Since our Canadian dollar is at an all time low, we need to add 35% exchange rate to the cost. Luxury is out of the question but something relatively modern and clean would nice. Thanks for any suggestions.

What is your budget per night in U.S. dollars?

Maybe start with the Waikiki Parc Hotel, Hawaii Prince Hotel, Hyatt Place and see if their rates are in the range you had in mind.

If you look at Honolulu on some of the sites that get prices for hotels.

I don't remember if this legal on this site .

http://www.priceline.com

http://www.hotels.com

http://www.Expedia.com

You can see the price range in Canadian and amenities all in one place.

Then go to hotels website for cross check of the price.

Edited by Kamloops50

Thanks for the hints. I ideally would have liked to stay at $200 Cdn per night (around $150 US) but there's not much at that price so will have to raise it a bit. I didn't realize Hawaii was so expensive.

Thanks for the hints. I ideally would have liked to stay at $200 Cdn per night (around $150 US) but there's not much at that price so will have to raise it a bit. I didn't realize Hawaii was so expensive.

TripAdvisor has excellent pricing tools these days.

In your budget range (and remember the rate quoted is before room tax etc) look at the Hotel Ilima, Luana Waikiki, Hotel Renew, Pacific Beach Hotel, Waikiki Circle Hotel, Waikiki Resort Hotel, Ohana Waikiki East, White Sands Hotel and Waikiki Beach Resort Hotel.

My favorite of the bunch is the Hotel Ilima, but the Pacific Beach Hotel and Waikiki Circle have great locations.

• 1 month later...

We are doing the same thing as you and actually going to be on the same cruise...we are coming in on the 4th and staying at the

OHANA Waikiki East

150 Kaiulani Avenue

Honolulu, Hawaii 96815

Phone: 808-922-5353

I did some research and it seems like a nice enough hotel and I got it for $112.00 per night so after tax it is $127.64.

Hope this helps,

Patti

Aston Waikiki Beach is 249. Cdn. with a book now pay later, so if you find something else you can cancel no charge. We stayed last time we did this cruise. Good location.

We are staying at the Outrigger on the Beach, booked awhile ago and got it for 235. Cdn.. We stayed here one night last time so we could do the free vow renewal. It is also in a great location.

Have you joined the roll call yet for this cruise? We would love to have you on it.

Happy planning, Karen

Edited by happy_travellers

Aston Waikiki Beach is 249. Cdn. with a book now pay later, so if you find something else you can cancel no charge. We stayed last time we did this cruise. Good location.

We are staying at the Outrigger on the Beach, booked awhile ago and got it for 235. Cdn.. We stayed here one night last time so we could do the free vow renewal. It is also in a great location.

Have you joined the roll call yet for this cruise? We would love to have you on it.

Happy planning, Karen

We actually booked the Aston Waikiki Circle. Price looked great at $363 US for two nights but converted to over $500 CDN. Thank god we got great prices on flights in Canadian currency. Next is to book excursions which are in US so we need to add another 35% to the cost of those. Oh well, life is too short to worry about it!! Can't wait for this trip.