Singapore cruise port location

toowoombacruiser

My husband & I have just booked the 5 night cruise on Mariner of the Seas departing Singapore 12th November 2014:D We are looking at adding a few nights either prior or post cruise to allow us to discover the city a little better. Does anyone know where Royal Caribbean usually docks in Singapore (we've googled cruise terminals in Singapore & there appears to be 3 different spots that ships can use):confused:? We are trying to look at accommodation now, but are unsure whether to look for a Hotel near the terminal or focus on being close to the sightseeing/ shopping precincts. Any recommendations for a nice 4 star hotel or what area we should stay in, how many days we should allow in the city & what are the "not miss" activities & attractions would be greatly appreciated? Thanks in advance

As you are staying a few days, you'll do more sightseeings but will only going to the cruise center once for embarkation.

Better to stay downtown than closer to the Marina.

That being said, Singapore has an excellent subway sistem (MRT) so it will be nice to stay close to one of the MRT stations.

Enjoy your stay, and enjoy your cruise.

Orchard Road is the main shopping belt in Singapore with many branded shops and department stores. You might want to consider hotels in that are such as the Grand Hyatt which is located directly within the shopping belt or Pan Pacific Serviced Suites which is on the other end of the belt. This area should be around half and hour to the port and can give you a nice drive by of the Marina Bay area.

The flyer is definitely something that you should consider going on. It gives you a great view of basically the whole island of Singapore. Also, if you have time our merlion park/statue, the giant merlion in Sentosa and the baby ones in Marina Bay. It is after all, the iconic mammal/animal of our country. Hope this helps! :D

As Ethanol95 stated, you're best staying on or around Orchard Road. We love Singapore - so much to do: from Sentosa Island to a midnight safari at the zoo :). Don't miss a trip on the Singapore Flyer, Raffles or visiting the Marina Bay shopping area. Wish we were returning sometime soon.

We have stayed at the Marina Mandarin twice and the location is great. Shopping Centre attached to the hotel and walking distance to both Marina Bay Sands and the Singapore Flyer. The MRT is excellent and really cheap. It will be easy to get to Orchard Road from this hotel. Be careful of taxi rates, they change during the day and you pay a surcharge during rush hour. Take the cable car to Sentosa. Great fun.

• 3 weeks later...

We are also looking for accommodation in Singapore pre & post cruise. Has anyone stayed at the Singapore Recreation Club? We are thinking it looks ok for the night pre cruise. We will be looking for something a little more fancy for our 4 nights post cruise accommodation but would appreciate feedback on the SRC so we can book that now. It looks like it is close to where the cruise departs from. Thanks Charmain

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I stayed at the Pan Pacific opposite Marina Mandarin in February and can recommend this hotel. Close to MRT station and comfortable rooms.

Last year, when we called in to Singapore on a cruise, we got ripped off by a taxi cab. Learned my lesson, don't negotiate, use the meter!

• 6 months later...

Last year we were on the Mariner and cruised through various ports and ended up at Shanghai.

Prior to leaving we stayed at The M Hotel (Millennium) in Anson Rd which was close to both the terminal and Marina Gardens by taxi. Breakfast was included and they had good options. We were able to walk to the Hawker Food Market nearby and it was not too far from the Metro, which means that you can catch the Metro from the Airport to the station at Tanjong Pagar.

Great city - one of our top 5 in the world.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, all! This thread was very informative to me personally as my family will be on the same cruise in less than three weeks. We've found a hotel in Katong, and it sounds as though we've got some commuting to do to all the hustle and bustle that's worth seeing/experiencing in Singapore. Too bad I didn't have this information before I booked the hotel! :o

Thank you, all! This thread was very informative to me personally as my family will be on the same cruise in less than three weeks. We've found a hotel in Katong, and it sounds as though we've got some commuting to do to all the hustle and bustle that's worth seeing/experiencing in Singapore. Too bad I didn't have this information before I booked the hotel! :o

Wondered if you have booked Hotel Roxy in Katong. its a reasonable hotel, there is a Big Shopping mall and Food Center across the road from the main lobby.

The beach is also walkable distances from this location.

The only con is that there is no train station nearby. The only way to get to this hotel is by Taxi.

Thanks for your reply, ASing1Cruise. I think it is one of the newer hotels in the area, called Village Hotel Katong(?). After reading your post, I realize I didn't even do a research on whether public transportation is available to and from the hotel!!! Well, no matter what, I know we are going to do have a wonderful time, so I will just call this a learning experience. :) Thanks again, and if you have any further information you can share regarding the Katong area and/or the hotel, please post. It'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your reply, ASing1Cruise. I think it is one of the newer hotels in the area, called Village Hotel Katong(?). After reading your post, I realize I didn't even do a research on whether public transportation is available to and from the hotel!!! Well, no matter what, I know we are going to do have a wonderful time, so I will just call this a learning experience. :) Thanks again, and if you have any further information you can share regarding the Katong area and/or the hotel, please post. It'd be greatly appreciated.

If you are booked online for Village Hotel Katong, there is a free Hop on Hop off bus for City Tour. See website for Village hotel Katong.

http://www.stayfareast.com/en/hotels/village-hotel-katong/deals/free-city-tour.aspx

They also have free shuttle to the beach (Big Splash area).