2008 Cruise Critic Editors' Picks Awards

kelly@

What line's culinary offerings take the cake or steak? Who has family cruising down to a science, keeping even that most gloomy of teens gleefully captivated? What cruise line pathfinder is to be commended for offering off-the-grid port adventures? After intense debate, experts from Cruise Critic's knowledgeable editorial staff emerged with a list of superlatives naming winners in its first annual Editors' Picks Awards.

Download the list of winners -- http://www.cruisecritic.com/editors-picks/newsletter.cfm -- and let us know what you think!

Note: You do not need to do anything if you are already receiving our weekly newsletters.

I'm disappointed that this information is only available if you are willing to sign up for an e-mail newsletter. Why isn't this an article on the website? I don't want the clutter of "weekly e-mails" from every site I read. Please reconsider your delivery method.

We had a balcony cabin on the Zuiderdam. It was the worst cabin we've ever had and that includes inside cabins. The shower didn't work, the tub didn't drain, 4 out of 7 days we had no hot water, the drawer in the desk was broken, the formica was partly off, the bedspread was stained and the room wasn't really clean. I could go on about the rest of the ship but the award was only about cabins. It was our first HAL cruise and also our last. We'll stick to Princess & RCCL.

What line's culinary offerings take the cake or steak? Who has family cruising down to a science, keeping even that most gloomy of teens gleefully captivated? What cruise line pathfinder is to be commended for offering off-the-grid port adventures? After intense debate, experts from Cruise Critic's knowledgeable editorial staff emerged with a list of superlatives naming winners in its first annual Editors' Picks Awards.

Download the list of winners -- http://www.cruisecritic.com/editors-picks/newsletter.cfm -- and let us know what you think!

Note: You do not need to do anything if you are already receiving our weekly newsletters.

This is CRAP!! If I had known that I needed this news letter in order to vote or have my say I would have, I guessed signed up for it? But for Carnival to be where they are, and Celebrity to have not have come in, there is no guestion in my mind that the people who do this have no taste other than CHEAP! I would not take a FREE cruise on Carnival.

Hi there cruise fans.....

I have questions for Cruise Critic after scanning the list. It seems no one cruise line dominates. In fact, just about every cruise line has "something" to brag about. Is this good "politics" from Cruise Critic? or is this "just the way it is"?

When you read the personal cruise reviews, you always find some 6-star and some 1-star opinions. How does Cruise Critic translate their findings into ratings? It would be interesting to know how you determine the winners.

Thank you,

Capt'n Cruise

This is CRAP!! If I had known that I needed this news letter in order to vote or have my say I would have, I guessed signed up for it? But for Carnival to be where they are, and Celebrity to have not have come in, there is no guestion in my mind that the people who do this have no taste other than CHEAP! I would not take a FREE cruise on Carnival.

Actually, it looks like RCI is the big winner in all of this and not Carnival.

You haven't been on Carnival in nine years and not on a Conquest category ship. How can you argue with where they are? They certainly do provide a great value. If we did a worst of list, I am sure they would run away with some awards too, unfortunately.

As for Celebrity, maybe on the high end, Crystal was the one that beat them out.

• Administrators
Uh yea....sign up to get weekly emails and then have my email address sold to some spammer, uh no thanks, I'll just wait until someone posts it. I'm truly disappointed in CC, what a shame.

Hmm, don't know how I missed this comment but it is never too late to "respond" to erroneous information.

We don't "spam". We don't sell, loan or rent our mailing to list anyone. It isn't how we do business.

Laura

I'm disappointed that this information is only available if you are willing to sign up for an e-mail newsletter. Why isn't this an article on the website? I don't want the clutter of "weekly e-mails" from every site I read. Please reconsider your delivery method.

May I second this comment? Spam or not, the incessant and unrequested mailings are not worth the look at your results. Pity, too, because they would have been interesting, I'm sure.

Archived