JVD Excursion

GrammaMimi12

Looking for anyone who has done a JVD excursion off of Tortola. We are doing a Disney Cruise and are looking for a vendor who does the 1/2 day excursion. Willing to spend a little more to extend time on the island, avoid standing in line and general unorganized confusion. Traveling with 4 year old granddaughter so the swim to shore thing might be an issue. Have heard that Disney no longer offers an excursion to JVD. Help and advice please !! Thank you !:)

Looking for anyone who has done a JVD excursion off of Tortola. We are doing a Disney Cruise and are looking for a vendor who does the 1/2 day excursion. Willing to spend a little more to extend time on the island, avoid standing in line and general unorganized confusion. Traveling with 4 year old granddaughter so the swim to shore thing might be an issue. Have heard that Disney no longer offers an excursion to JVD. Help and advice please !! Thank you !:)

Went on the JVD excursion this past January (NCL Escape) on the "Reble Yell" that dropped us off almost to the beach in their catamaran. This would be no problem for your 4yr old as there were other little ones. LOVED IT!! We were planning on doing this also on our Disney cruise with their posted excursion. So, is it true that Disney no longer takes this excursion? If not I will also be looking to DIY. I am not aware if the"Rebel Yell" does anything other than charter though the cruise lines. I've read of other private companies in the search on Tortola boards that do go to JVD.

Went on the JVD excursion this past January (NCL Escape) on the "Reble Yell" that dropped us off almost to the beach in their catamaran. This would be no problem for your 4yr old as there were other little ones. LOVED IT!! We were planning on doing this also on our Disney cruise with their posted excursion. So, is it true that Disney no longer takes this excursion? If not I will also be looking to DIY. I am not aware if the"Rebel Yell" does anything other than charter though the cruise lines. I've read of other private companies in the search on Tortola boards that do go to JVD.

I saw in two different areas that Disney no longer offered the JVD excursion. Checked with a couple different private vendors and they run about $80 to $120 one way per person ! Yikes. Hoping I can find something more reasonable but looks iffy at best. Wonder if the Rebels Yell serves other cruise ships !

So it seems the Disney JVD excursion appears as an option and then disappears from day to day. Some who scheduled were informed that it had been cancelled and some who scheduled were confirmed. Guess it's a crap shoot but don't want to chance it cuz those who were cancelled were last minute and scrambled to find other options. And options are very limited unless you are willing to spend your life savings on a afternoon of fun. Rates I found were anywhere from 80 to 120 each person one way !!!!!!!! ANYONE out there that has done the JVD excursion please weigh in on what company you went with, the cost and level of satisfaction, please !!!! Getting desperate !!

So it seems the Disney JVD excursion appears as an option and then disappears from day to day. Some who scheduled were informed that it had been cancelled and some who scheduled were confirmed. Guess it's a crap shoot but don't want to chance it cuz those who were cancelled were last minute and scrambled to find other options. And options are very limited unless you are willing to spend your life savings on a afternoon of fun. Rates I found were anywhere from 80 to 120 each person one way !!!!!!!! ANYONE out there that has done the JVD excursion please weigh in on what company you went with, the cost and level of satisfaction, please !!!! Getting desperate !!

I'm cruising on the Epic in November and my group is using a private company called Kuralu. One member of my group has used them before and they were very happy with the tour. From what I can see, they get nothing but rave reviews. They charge $120.00 per person and that includes an open bar, lunch, snorkeling equipment, and a 14 person maximum so that your not packed in like sardines. Check the maximum number, but I'm pretty sure that it's very close to 14. Check http://www.kuralu.com

Have a great cruise!

• 4 weeks later...
We are looking for this as well. We come on the Disney Magic in December. I usually prefer DIY excursions and was wondering if that is an option. The ship charges $109 for adults and $84 for kids. Anyone know of any options?

We opted to go with Foxy's. They will pick you up right off the ship so you don't have to worry about wasting time with getting to a pick up point etc. they were more expensive but we wanted to be able to spend more time on JVD and they will also stop wherever you'd like to snorkel. It's a private charter so the boat and guide are yours for the day. They were prompt in returning my call and very pleasant. Check out their reviews as well....all good. Price was about $400 more than what DCL charges. Hope this helps. We cruise the end of this month so will do a post cruise review and include Foxy's.

Kuralu or another excellent operator is a great day in the islands. You don't get as much time on Jost with them but a wonderful day!

There is a taxi/ferry option as well, that takes about 1.5 - 2 hrs round trip and $60pp including the short taxi from Foxy's in Great Harbor to White Bay.

Mitch at ocean magic is a great private option, if you want your own private boat and itinerary contact him.

Edited by blue_water

Thanks both for the tips! We have 2 kids in car seats (1 and 3) so we're looking for an option where we can go straight from ship to boat without taxis. I've reached out to Patouche and I'll check these others as well.

Foxy's has bathroom and shower facilities onboard as well and life jackets too. As I had said earlier they will pick you up right off the ship. We are traveling with a 4 year old so these amenities were important to us as well. Whomever you decide on make sure they can pick you up right off the ship as many are unable to do so. Hope you will find what you are looking for. Happy cruising !!

Thanks both for the tips! We have 2 kids in car seats (1 and 3) so we're looking for an option where we can go straight from ship to boat without taxis. I've reached out to Patouche and I'll check these others as well.

Yes I do understand. And Joe at Patouche is excellent! Aristocat is another. They alternate between the east (Norman, Cooper, & Peter Islands or VG) and the west (Jost and Sandy Spit).

Another poster mentioned that the New Horizons ferry offers a private option and he said the cost is $85pp for 8 ppl if I remember. But a day on a cat with a stop at Jost is a highlight of a cruise.

Foxy's has bathroom and shower facilities onboard as well and life jackets too. As I had said earlier they will pick you up right off the ship. We are traveling with a 4 year old so these amenities were important to us as well. Whomever you decide on make sure they can pick you up right off the ship as many are unable to do so. Hope you will find what you are looking for. Happy cruising !!

That sounds awesome. I emailed Foxy's and I'm just waiting to hear back.

I see Foxy's offers water taxi service between West End and Jost for $44 - $50 pp for a4-person min but I don't see the cruise dock to Jost option on their site. How much is that, and does the 4-person minimum apply to get that price?

This is also a great new option for getting transportation straight to your final destination on a land vacation when coming from the USVI.

I see Foxy's offers water taxi service between West End and Jost for $44 - $50 pp for a4-person min but I don't see the cruise dock to Jost option on their site. How much is that, and does the 4-person minimum apply to get that price?

This is also a great new option for getting transportation straight to your final destination on a land vacation when coming from the USVI.

I just heard back from Foxy's and was quoted $1400 for the charter from the cruise dock to JVD. However, they can only fit 10 people on the boat, so Patouche would be less expensive ($1500 for 14 people).

I just heard back from Foxy's and was quoted $1400 for the charter from the cruise dock to JVD. However, they can only fit 10 people on the boat, so Patouche would be less expensive ($1500 for 14 people).

Yes it is very pricey from the cruise dock for just a ride. Patouche is a nice day on a cat and a much different experience. Your time on Jost is limited with that option, unless of course you commandeer the boat for just your group. Then you would have some decision in your itinerary based on weather and other factors.

Enjoy! :)

Yes it is very pricey from the cruise dock for just a ride. Patouche is a nice day on a cat and a much different experience. Your time on Jost is limited with that option, unless of course you commandeer the boat for just your group. Then you would have some decision in your itinerary based on weather and other factors.

Enjoy! :)

Thanks! Yes at that price Foxy's won't be an option for us. Considering either Patouche or just doing the cruise ship excursion. I'm usually 100% against ship excursions but in this case it'd actually be cheaper!

Thanks! Yes at that price Foxy's won't be an option for us. Considering either Patouche or just doing the cruise ship excursion. I'm usually 100% against ship excursions but in this case it'd actually be cheaper!

Plus with short Port time?, much safer!