Tropicante

negn

I just made reservations for May the other night. He wrote back by 10 am the next morning. He says all is well and everything is good. I do remember him saying, last time we were there. That his internet and phone go out from time to time. So I would try emailing him back. Hope this helps!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

Thanks I'll try again. Really don't want an inclusive as DH and I don"t consume like we used to. Couple of drinks and it's bedtime...to sleep.

Check your spam/junk mail box. Depending on your security setting, overseas emails sometimes get routed there.

• 2 weeks later...

We were just there this past week. Service was great. Steve came over and chatted with every customer and gave us a run down on everything. Beach was a little smaller than what i had expected but fine for us. We ate a huge platter of fried fish, fried shrimp, fries, stuffed chicken bites, jalepeno poppers, 2 buckets of coronas, and 4 shots of tequila(free!) all for $38! Super cheap.

We were just there this past week too. We had a great time. His directions were super, the food was very good and the prices were amazing. I spoke with Steve and he is really a nice guy and will make sure you are happy with everything. I used his free phone to call back and check on things at the office and the free Wi-Fi worked perfectly. My wife enjoyed the one hour massage. The bathrooms served there purpose and were fine with us. I would definitely go back again.

We were also there this past week on March 7. Steve was MORE than accomodating. Truly a nice guy. We got there a little late after a golf cart rental broke down on us and he bent over backwards to try and help us out with that! He sat and talked with us for quite some time, about everything! The prices were FANTASTIC!! Our bill for 8 people (mostly drinks, only 2 people ate) was $46...Couldn't beat it!! The beach is much nicer at Tropicante than at some of the other "beach clubs" The water is cleaner/clearer and the sea grass is kept clear. Also, many of the "beahc clubs" had lounge chairs that were streched out and in much need of replacement...not at tropicante, they looked brand new or close to it! I recommend Tropicante 110%!!

I have booked 2 more cruises that have stops at Costa Maya so that I can go to Tropicante!!

Thats how great i think the place is..

Steve and his staff are very nice... the food and drinks are great..

Its not flashy and noisey... its relaxing and calm... and I cant imagine a better way to spend a day!!

And... the massages on the beach........ PRICELESS!!!!!

I have booked 2 more cruises that have stops at Costa Maya so that I can go to Tropicante!!

Thats how great i think the place is..

Steve and his staff are very nice... the food and drinks are great..

Its not flashy and noisey... its relaxing and calm... and I cant imagine a better way to spend a day!!

And... the massages on the beach........ PRICELESS!!!!!

My sentiments exactly! Just booked another cruise that stop in Costa Maya to go to the Tropicante. Steve and his crew really make us feel at home!

I feel the same way as previous posters... We were there on March 9th. Awesome experience. Nice (smallish) beach, but very nice for young kids. My 2 and 3 year olds loved it! We loved watching them play in the sun, while we enjoyed nice cold beers! I would rec. it to anyone. Wifi worked very well and they have free calls to the US (Skype).

Overall, highly recommend the place...

Tropicante is literally one of my most favorite places. I was there for the 3rd time on March 15th and it was great. The food and drinks are amazing. Steve is an awesome guy and takes the time to talk to each and every person. I can't recommend this place highly enough.

I am thinking of going here on my upcoming cruise and have a couple of questions. Can you rent jet skis nearby? Any one know the cost? Can you snorkel right off the beach? Is the snorkeling good? Is this an appropriate place for children?

There are a couple jet ski rentals on the downtown beach and within 50 yards of the Tropicante. They all charge $35 US a half hour and I think that is for up to two riders at a time. Tropicante is not an all inclusive so they have lots of families with kids. Most of the places that do not do all inclusives welcome kids because the downtown beach is perfect for little swimmers, shallow and calm, reef protected water.

We were there in February and the snorkeling was not good. I think I saw 2 fish in about 15-20 minutes of being in the water:eek:. We loved the beach though and it was such a relaxing day and the food and drink prices are great. I would definitely recommend if you are looking for a lounging beach day.

Archived