The Dreaded e-mail

umpy10

Well, I got the dreaded e-mail everyone has been mentioning here about having our accounts merged.

Right now it shows me as a "past guest" and "0 points".

My question to those who have experienced this already is how long did you have to wait before your account was updated with the proper amounts ?

Should I wait a few days for this change to happen ? or just contact NCL right away ?

DW has not received her e-mail yet, will both of our accounts be merged then ?

There's no rush on our part as we don't cruise until Sept.

Thank you for all your help.

cheers...the Ump...:D

My DH and I got emails the same morning about 25 days ago. Our status is exactly the same as yours. We sail in 10 days. I sent my email right away because my sailing was so close. The email response it got was 'due to very large volume we will get back to you in 4 - 6 weeks' I have heard nothing yet. I would sent the email right away. No reason to wait.

I would call if I were you. I sent an email to the Latitudes department and I still haven't received a reply from them.

I had to call the pre-cruise concierge desk for my upcoming cruise. I simply asked to be transferred to the latitudes desk so I could ask about my past cruise history and the rep on the concierge desk fixed it in less than 30 seconds.

Apparently it is a relatively easy fix if the individual knows how to fix it.

I wish you the best of luck.

Pat

Update, I'm sure this may not be the last.

Contacted NCL this morning and was told to wait 24 hours and if the changes were not made in "My NCL" then I should send an email and ask for a clarification.

Didn't wait, just sent an email to the past cruise folks explaining what happened and now I'll wait for the 3-4 weeks for a reply. But I'll keep on checking my account just in case they corrected it.

Thanks for the replies.

UPDATE AND IMPRESSED

Just received an email from Alex @ ncl : and everything is now up to date.

So instead of waiting 3-6 weeks as it states @ the ncl web site, I received help in less than 30 hours !!! But it get better ......

When I went to "My NCL" to confirm all was well, I noticed that we were shorted 7 days credit for booking one of our 7 Day Cruise more than 9 months out.

So, I replied back to Alex and explained what I found and if he would look into correcting it. Thanked him again for the prompt service and reply and hit send.

Turned to DW and said that this will probably take the 3-6 weeks. Turned back to the puter to shut down the email browser and ....PRESTO .....BINGO.....BANGO ! ! isn't there a reply back from Alex saying all is done and the correct #'s are in. ! ! ! !

WOW , NOW THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Thanks again Alex, great work, excellent service ! ! !

UPDATE AND IMPRESSED

Just received an email from Alex @ ncl : and everything is now up to date.

So instead of waiting 3-6 weeks as it states @ the ncl web site, I received help in less than 30 hours !!! But it get better ......

When I went to "My NCL" to confirm all was well, I noticed that we were shorted 7 days credit for booking one of our 7 Day Cruise more than 9 months out.

So, I replied back to Alex and explained what I found and if he would look into correcting it. Thanked him again for the prompt service and reply and hit send.

Turned to DW and said that this will probably take the 3-6 weeks. Turned back to the puter to shut down the email browser and ....PRESTO .....BINGO.....BANGO ! ! isn't there a reply back from Alex saying all is done and the correct #'s are in. ! ! ! !

WOW , NOW THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Thanks again Alex, great work, excellent service ! ! !

Yeah...isn't it nice when things go right :D

I just just had the same thing happen to me. I called 1.866.234.0292 and the woman fixed my account within 3 minutes. She said that the Latitudes program was going through a conversion and for some reason when they're moving over the accounts, they're indicating that people are "past guests," but they're not actually activating their accounts. She had me log out and log back in and my 70 points are now showing up again. PHEW!