cruise and park Fort Lauderdale

eyegirl

We will be driving to the Fort Lauderdale port for a RCCL cruise. I am hoping that someone can recommend a hotel that has a package with parking for the duration of the cruise. It needs to be in a safe area, please!

Or would you suggest parking at the port and leaving the car there?

Thanks so much :)

There are a few near the airport. See stay123.Com and parksleepfly.Com Decent chains...Homewood, Comfort Inn, Cambria etc. Look at Plantation too.

Port charges $15 daily for parking. Obviously the most convenient.

Edited by eandj

We will be driving to the Fort Lauderdale port for a RCCL cruise. I am hoping that someone can recommend a hotel that has a package with parking for the duration of the cruise. It needs to be in a safe area, please!

Or would you suggest parking at the port and leaving the car there?

Thanks so much :)

Park and Go at the west entrance to the port is secure plus they shuttle you to and from the port, last I knew it was $7.99/night. We had heard some horror stories about cars getting broken into in the port parking decks plus it's so expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info, including info on hotels offering parking packages.

Your other option is to stay somewhere cheaper outside of the FLL area (West Palm or north on 95, or even Orlando with 1000's of hotels) and then either park at the port or one of the popular off-site parking lots. Good luck! :cool:

Park and Go at the west entrance to the port is secure plus they shuttle you to and from the port, last I knew it was $7.99/night. We had heard some horror stories about cars getting broken into in the port parking decks plus it's so expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been checking around and there are a few parking lots around. My question is do we have to prebook or can we drive right up the day of?

If you can find a reasonably priced hotel a little farther out, then I would do that and use Park n Go that morning. We used them for the first time in December and it was excellent. Right next to the port, free shuttle to/from, and quite a bit less than parking in the port. The lot was also secure so we had no concerns about our vehicle while gone.

We stayed at La Quita several times and they allow parking up to 14 days. They have transportation to cruise terminal for a nominal charge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've stayed at the La Quinta in Hollywood, Florida, quite a few times. It's not a fancy place, but it's clean and they offer cruise parking and a shuttle to the ship for a price. They also have an included breakfast. Last time we were there the shuttle to the ship was $8.00 pp. The website says starting in December there will be a $5.00 per day charge for parking. http://www.lq.com/en/findandbook/hotel-details.0985.address.html?from=%2Fcontent%2Flq%2Flq-com%2Fen&searchCity=Hollywood%2C+Florida%2C+US&indate=08%2F20%2F2017&outdate=08%2F21%2F2017&specialRates=RAC&promoCode=&sessionId=24d3efb2-34fa-4212-8ff2-83c72c50b8b2&searchType=GEO&lat=26.0112014&lon=-80.14949009999998&searchRadius=40&addressredirectPage=null&stateAndCountryCode=+Florida%2C++US

Have a great cruise!