Registering with Lyft

never_cruised

We will be travelling to Florida later in the year and plan to use Uber and Lyft for getting to and from the Port.

I've already setup an Uber account in preparation however I can't seem to do the same with Lyft. I should add I'm from the UK and trying to setup here.

The Lyft app seems to recognise my number is a UK one however I never receive a code to continue setup.

Should be easy but if you don't get it setup I wouldn't worry about it you will not have any problem with just Uber in FL. I used to use Lyft exclusively because it let you add a tip within the app. Now I understand that Uber lets you do it as well, was supposed to be active in all cities by the end of July. I like to give a little tip when the ride is pleasant and I don't like to do it with cash.

But each service will give you some sort of reduced ride perk for signing up so you might want to use both services just to get the extra discounted ride.

But each service will give you some sort of reduced ride perk for signing up so you might want to use both services just to get the extra discounted ride.

Both services offer a discount to first time riders. You do need a promo code to get it, which you can get from an existing Uber or Lyft rider. In the case of Uber, both parties get $15 off their next ride. For Lyft, both get $5 off the ride.

If you need codes, use mine.

Lyft - NEAL288

Uber - 6y3g9

Enjoy,

Neal

Neal from Cincinnati.

• 2 weeks later...
Both services offer a discount to first time riders. You do need a promo code to get it, which you can get from an existing Uber or Lyft rider. In the case of Uber, both parties get $15 off their next ride. For Lyft, both get $5 off the ride.

If you need codes, use mine.

Lyft - NEAL288

Uber - 6y3g9

Enjoy,

Neal

Neal from Cincinnati.

Hi Neal,

I am new to Uber and Lyft. I plan on using Uber or LYft when we go on our Cuba cruise out of Tampa in Nov. I hope you don't mind If I use your codes. Do I need any other information besides your codes when I sign up?

Arlene (from Baltimore)

Hello Arlene,

Anyone can use those codes. I don't mind at all, as I do use Uber and Lyft and get discounts when a new ride uses them.

I think it's the same with both applications, after you download the app and sign up, there is a place to enter the promotion code, which gets automatically applied to your first ride.

In Uber, it's Menu > Payments> Promo Code.

In Lyft, go to the Menu and then Promo Codes. Enter the code number.

Enjoy your cruise.

Neal from Cincinnati

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I also have a code up to $20 for new users.

https://www.lyft.com/invite/KRISTINA26030

Just make sure to not load the code until you are ready to use. Make sure code is loaded before you request ride. This is how I missed out on my ride being free first time. I will never use a taxi again as long as a service like Uber or Lyft are available.