Need some transportation advice

desertskies

Pricing airfare for our cruise in November out of POM. Prices are nuts!!! In my search I found flights on Southwest to FLL are much better ($250 per person cheaper) than flights to MIA. We are flying in the day of cruise Monday and back out on Friday. What is the best and most reliable transportation to get us to and from port?

Thanks in advance!

What time do you arrive?

Quickest would be uber. Private car service more costly but direct and efficient. Shared shuttle wouldn't be my choice if arriving the day of embarkation.

Edited by eandj

Don't waste money or time on the ship transfers. You can do it cheaper and without waiting for other cruisers to arrive to join your bus. Use Uber or the shuttles mentioned. We were happy with QLS .

Glad you have an early arrival scheduled. Flying in on the day of cruising is risky.

It sounds like you are planning to arrive the day of the cruise.

I know the advantage is saving money on a hotel but I would recommend that you consider arriving a day before the cruise. There is always the risk that a flight cancellation could cause you to miss the ship. Things happen.

Keith

What is the best and most reliable transportation to get us to and from port?

Thanks in advance!

Best is a stretch limo with a stocked bar! :cool: Check with Larry's Limos or you can arrange private car service with FLL based Go Airport

Shared shuttles are easy - SAS, QLS, etc. for about $15 per person

UberX (good for 2 passengers and bags, or 3 passengers if you pack light) will run about $35+ each way Taxi between FLL and POM will be closer to $75+tip

I agree with the above suggestion to not fly in the day of your cruise - flight delays and cancellations could cause you to miss the ship! :eek: Post cruise I would book flights leaving FLL after 12:00 noon to give yourself plenty of time to get off the ship, clear customs/immigration, and make your way from Miami to FLL.

Good luck! :)

The airports are so close that transportation is trivial. If the FLL flight is more than $40 or so cheaper, I'd fly into FLL. It's an extra 20 min drive compared to MIA, not a big deal. In fact, depending on which airline you fly into MIA... some have a LONG trek to baggage claim, etc... it could actually end up being faster flying into FLL. In other words, I'd probably get the cheaper flight if it offsets the extra $20 or so for uber.