Solstice Hammocks & Cabanas - charge?

LuckiePuris

There is no charge for the hammocks and cabbannas around the pool area. First come first serve. Personally I didn't find either to be very comfortable.

There are also the Acloves on the lawn that are available for a fee. They can be reserved in advance. Wouldn't jump into those either as you may regret paying the fee for what they are and what you get.

Just my opinion and answer, other may feel different about it.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Hi guys,

First time cruising on solstice! I have seen images of beautiful cabanas and hammocks in the brochures. Are these free of charge or on a hire rate?

Do they need to be pre booked online, or on a first come basis?

Thank you!

The hammocks and cabanas are free and first come first served. I found the cabanas to be very comfy but didn't dare try the hammock although my grand daughter loved it.

Solstice doesn't have alcoves (as a previous poster mentioned) :)

There is no charge for the hammocks and cabbannas around the pool area. First come first serve. Personally I didn't find either to be very comfortable.

There are also the Acloves on the lawn that are available for a fee. They can be reserved in advance. Wouldn't jump into those either as you may regret paying the fee for what they are and what you get.

Just my opinion and answer, other may feel different about it.

Happy cruising ����������

There are indeed several different items...

The Alcoves are found on the sides of The Lawn on a few of the S-Class Ships (Silhouette & Reflection, I believe). There is a fee to rent these... Last I heard around $ 100 per day. The greatest complaints I have heard is that people say they don't face the ocean but rather the lawn... And they therefore don't offer up much in the way of privacy (feels like you are on display). And of course the cost... That is a huge factor for many.

Here is what GOOGLE IMAGES found for the Alcoves = http://www.google.ca/search?q=celebrity+cruises+alcoves&client=safari&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=pjEOVIj_H-bFigLFj4DgAg&ved=0CDoQ7Ak&biw=1024&bih=672

For no charge there are some alternatives to just loungers in the pool area... Several designed for 2 or more.

Hammocks = http://0.tqn.com/d/cruises/1/S/1/2/6/Celebrity-Silhouette-4843.JPG

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find any photos of the round cabanna like loungers for two that Mr Sloop & I enjoy in the Pool area...

Maybe someone else can post a photo of those

What I will say is both types in the Pool Areas are very popular with couples & families... So not always available. Mr Slop & I like them for napping or reading.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply! The free hammocks and cabanas look fantastic and will try to use these on our cruise.

Not too sure about the alcoves though. It's just the two of us and don't think we'd get much use of them.

Edited by LuckiePuris

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply! The free hammocks and cabanas look fantastic and will try to use these on our cruise.

Not too sure about the alcoves though. It's just the two of us and don't think we'd get much use of them.

All the hammocks and loungers on Solstice are included in the fare (as they should be, none of this upsell nonsense)

Reflection has these "alcoves" which is basically just paying for a outdoor lounge which is completely ridiculous in my opinion but each to their own. I much prefer Solstice layout where it is all lawn that you can lay on and look out at the view off the side of the ship as there isn't alcoves there to obstruct.