early dinner seating waitlisted.....

jpolm

does anyoone know how this works? I am doing all my homework before I do my final booking and finding out this ship (oasis) is almost booked for the week we are going (june 2013).. with kids age 5,10, and 12 i wanted to take advantage of the kids camp picking up our children in the MDR. My first instinct was to show My time dining as i hate to be on a schedule for dinner and we enjoy eating a little later, but the i heard about the kids camp and the activities for the children could be missed.

I dont even know if my kids will do the camp or not yet anyways

so for now it appears I am going to do mtd, which may work out as well, as kids typically enjoy the buffett to a formal dinner sitting, so my question is how will i know if we get on the early time dining? My 5 year old would have to eat w/ us regardless ..

does anyoone know how this works? I am doing all my homework before I do my final booking and finding out this ship (oasis) is almost booked for the week we are going (june 2013).. with kids age 5,10, and 12 i wanted to take advantage of the kids camp picking up our children in the MDR. My first instinct was to show My time dining as i hate to be on a schedule for dinner and we enjoy eating a little later, but the i heard about the kids camp and the activities for the children could be missed.

I dont even know if my kids will do the camp or not yet anyways

so for now it appears I am going to do mtd, which may work out as well, as kids typically enjoy the buffett to a formal dinner sitting, so my question is how will i know if we get on the early time dining? My 5 year old would have to eat w/ us regardless ..

At the time of booking you will indicated if you want Traditional Seating or MTD.

forgot to mention that we've already checked and Early time dining is booked so it's waitlisted..

Things can change, even when you get onboard. People want in and out of MTD, Main, and Second seating. You can see the Maitre 'd when you get onboard.

But it sounds like you have a decision to make: sounds like it is between you not being on a schedule, and you wanting your kids to go to the kids' program. Right? Maybe you should decide that first? You can still have MTD and drop them off when you are finished.

Request "Early Dinner Seating" even if you have to be wait listed. Than check you RCCL account on line regularly and you will be able to track when if you have been taken off the wait list and assigned to Early Dinner Seating. Anytime I've been placed on the wait listing for early dinner seating I've always been taklen off the wait list anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks after booking though it might take longer.

First decide what you really want...Early or MTD.

For what it is worth, in your shoes, I might select MTD and then make reservations on line(probably early ones as you are concerned about the kid's schedules). Once on board if you decide some of those reserved times do not work for you, change them on board (or cancel them and go when you are hungry). But do make a decision which seating is optimal for you.

Second try to get that optimal seating when you make the reservation. If your first choice is not available, pick the best one that is available and waitlist for your first choice. It may take a while to clear the waitlist...the sooner you are on it the better.

does anyoone know how this works? I am doing all my homework before I do my final booking and finding out this ship (oasis) is almost booked for the week we are going (june 2013).. .

your sailing is not almost sold out-- you are only limited to the amount of cabins you can see online. 7-9 cabins in any category is what you see. doesnt mean that is all there is left.

With kids I take traditional dining so the wait staff can get to know their likes and dislikes- It makes dining that much easier.

for us dinner as a family is mandatory on vacation

I am a bit confused. I thought a reserved early seating at MTD would give you everything the MDR does, except you may have to wait a few minutes to be taken to your table (instead of walking straight in), and may not have the same wait staff every night (though they did try hard to seat us in the same place as much as possible). Same menu, service, and suggested dress code, so you get most of the experience. I don't see why you could not get the kids to the Adventure programs at least as early as with an early seating in the traditional Dining rooms. Because of our last minute booking, our cruise last week was our first try of the MTD experience - all I really missed was the shared table experience, but if you are planning to sit as a family group anyway, even that is not a factor...

I am a bit confused. I thought a reserved early seating at MTD would give you everything the MDR does, except you may have to wait a few minutes to be taken to your table (instead of walking straight in), and may not have the same wait staff every night (though they did try hard to seat us in the same place as much as possible). Same menu, service, and suggested dress code, so you get most of the experience. I don't see why you could not get the kids to the Adventure programs at least as early as with an early seating in the traditional Dining rooms. Because of our last minute booking, our cruise last week was our first try of the MTD experience - all I really missed was the shared table experience, but if you are planning to sit as a family group anyway, even that is not a factor...

Doug did u get same table/ waiters? That's another pro to assigned dining and it would give the kids/ a great meeting place -6pm table. Also my son that is 5 can be picked up by kids. Camp if he gets bored. I like those options but 6 is earlier than I'd like. I guess like I told dh we don't have to do mdr every night- except special nights- formal, captains. Other nights can be casual or he and I can pick a specialty restaurant.

Doug did u get same table/ waiters? That's another pro to assigned dining and it would give the kids/ a great meeting place -6pm table. Also my son that is 5 can be picked up by kids. Camp if he gets bored. I like those options but 6 is earlier than I'd like. I guess like I told dh we don't have to do mdr every night- except special nights- formal, captains. Other nights can be casual or he and I can pick a specialty restaurant.

Same general area (within a few tables) but not always same waiter.

Archived