Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
- Read thousands of Royal Caribbean Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
- Write a Royal Caribbean Cruise Review
- Find Your Royal Caribbean Roll Call
See posts about:
Adventure of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Quantum of the Seas
Splendour of the Seas

Allure of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Vision of the Seas

Anthem of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Legend of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas

Brilliance of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas

Old July 8th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Booked flight with Choice Air. Record locator doesn't find anything on airlines site.

I booked a flight with the Choice Air. They gave me a record locator number for the flight, but when I searched for it on the airline's website a few days later, but I get an error. I called Choice Air back and they assured me that the flight is booked and confirmed, and that they were in fact able to find the reservation using the record locator. Yet I am still unable to.

Has anyone had this happen with a Choice Air reservation? Is there any other way I can confirm my flights? I'm worried that I won't be able to check-in on the day of the flight.

Old July 8th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

Go to www.checkmytrip.com
This is the site that choice air uses for their confirmation numbers. You should also be able to see your reservation on the airlines website directly but you need the carrier record locator number to do so.

However the above site is one that works with choice air and that they recommend that you use so it can be posted here as it's affiliated with choice air.
Don't worry about what I'm doing. I want you to worry about what you're doing.

Old July 8th, 2013, 10:18 PM
40,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerunner View Post
I booked a flight with the Choice Air. They gave me a record locator number for the flight, but when I searched for it on the airline's website a few days later, but I get an error. I called Choice Air back and they assured me that the flight is booked and confirmed, and that they were in fact able to find the reservation using the record locator. Yet I am still unable to.

Has anyone had this happen with a Choice Air reservation? Is there any other way I can confirm my flights? I'm worried that I won't be able to check-in on the day of the flight.
All I can suggest is to call the airline and see if they can see the booking on their side.

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Voyager

Old July 8th, 2013, 10:23 PM
30,000+ Club

When I booked our flights to Sydney for next March using choise Air I double checked with Qantus to verify our reservations were showing and they were. I do this anytime I don't book directly with a Hotel or an airline and use an online site.

Old July 8th, 2013, 10:32 PM
5,000+ Club

When I booked with Choice Air I got two numbers. One was the Choice Air #. Later in the reservation I got the record locator.

You may have seen that--but, I just wanted to make sure you were entering the correct number.

Previous Cruises:Carnival Ecstasy– July 2000: Mexico; Carnival Fantasy– August 2006: Bahamas; Carnival Pride –October 2009: Bahamas; Celebrity Constellation–March 2010: Panama Canal; Enchantment of the Seas–June 2010: Eastern Caribbean, September 2010: New England and Canada, March 2012: Southern Caribbean; Celebrity Mercury–November 2010 Eastern Caribbean and January 2011 Bahamas and Florida; Carnival Legend –April 2011: Western Caribbean; Radiance of the Seas--Alaska; August 2012, Explorer of the Seas--Bermuda: October 2012; Legend of the Seas –Transatlantic, October 2013; Grandeur of the Seas –June 2005: Bermuda, April 2013: Caribbean reposition cruise; March 2014: Western Caribbean; Brilliance of the Seas--North Atlantic TA: August 2014; Vision of the Seas--Southern Caribbean: November 2014

Ad Sponsored By
Old July 8th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Cool Cruiser

The confirmation email had two record locators, one labeled "carrier" the other without any label. I tried punching in both number in the airline, and both reported errors.

But I was able to find it on the checkmytrip.com site that Gil suggested. I guess my next step is to call the airline to confirm.

Last edited by acerunner; July 8th, 2013 at 10:49 PM.

Old July 8th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

The record locator you got from Choice Air is not the same as the airline''s record locator. Call the airline or do a search on the airline site by name and travel date, then note the airline record locator.

10-12-2013 Jewel of the Seas
02-05-2012 Caribbean Princess
01-23-2011 Adventure of the Seas

Old July 9th, 2013, 12:51 AM
Cool Cruiser

I had to enter the ticket number on the Delta site to find mine.

Old July 9th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thumbs up

Thanks jamesr3939, trying to find my flight for weeks, just found it with your help on Delta.

Old July 9th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

So what was the diff by booking CA vs doing your own thing? We are doing extended family trip on Oasis Thanksgiving 2014. I have enough miles/points for 1st class on Delta so I will use them. But the kids need to book their own and I am just wondering if using CA is any advantage.

Old July 9th, 2013, 11:25 PM
40,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesr3939 View Post
So what was the diff by booking CA vs doing your own thing? We are doing extended family trip on Oasis Thanksgiving 2014. I have enough miles/points for 1st class on Delta so I will use them. But the kids need to book their own and I am just wondering if using CA is any advantage.
I've never seen better prices on Choice Air for purely domestic flights.

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Voyager

Old July 9th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesr3939 View Post
The advantage is that if there are any issues with the flight they booked for you, they will make sure you get to cruise on time (within reason). So they will book a new flight for you and if that's not possible, they'll find you a flight to catch up with the ship at the next port.

But clarea is right, for domestic flights, it's not cheaper. I made that mistake this time. Choice Air's price was cheaper than flight aggregate sites like kayak.com, but I made the mistake of not checking the airline directly, which I did after booking with CA and discovered that it was cheaper booking direct.