Barcelona Guide

We were in Barcelona in May. I pre-booked airport/hotel/pier transportation thru Barcelona Taxi Tours. If we had had more time in Barcelona I would have booked this company for tours, also - especially considering how prompt, courteous and friendly our driver, Aurelio was.

Their web site is: barcelonataxi.com, I think.

The e-mail address I find on their e-mails to me is: taxibarcelona@hotmail.com and one e-mail had the "dragonnet" domain mentioned in previous post.

Give them a try - we were very, very pleased.

Yes, Bus Turistic is a great way to see the city! The price when purchased at the "main stop" (by that great, fantastic grocery: El Cortes Ingles) cost us 17/euros each. For that 1 day ticket we could ride all three buses. We ended up just riding the (red or blue - can't remember which) around the city 3 times. For the price of the ticket - you can get on and off as often as you like. It was a fun day!

Here's the website for bus turistic. I believe there are also audio guides available on the bus in various languages.

http://www.barcelona-on-line.es/eng/reserves/bus_turistic_info.htm

Here's the link to the thread I started with a lot of useful Barcelona websites. It covers many of the main tourist sites

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=191543

I think some of the travel books have suggested intineraries for 1, 2 or 3 days in a city. If I can find anything in my notes, I'll post it. From what I've read though, it's pretty easy to do yourself.

Frances

We took the hop on/off bus all around Barcelona, and I HIGHLY recommend it! You see it all, and the audio with headphones is in English (you tune into a certain channel).

Sit on top if the weather is good: lots of trees. It's a beautiful city.

We spent four glorious days in Barcelona before our Med cruise. We used the Tourist Bus and it is only a few euros more to book it for two consecutive days rather than just one day. It was a fabulous way to get around. We do not speak Spanish or Catalon and had no trouble finding people who understood English. Just get a good guidebook and explore. It is helpful to read a little bit about Antoni Gaudi, the architect, who build so many of the fascinating buildings before you go. YOu are in for a real treat!

Diane

Thanks for all the info. Barcelona Taxi was booked for the day we wanted so I am going with the advise to do the Bus Turisto. We had booked a guide for 4 hours on Sat. but the rate was riduculous as he has a 14 passenger bus for the 4 of us. No takers to date on joining us so I have decided to cancel. Sounds like an easy city to navigate and we are now down to a 10 day count down. Can't wait and thanks for all your advice!

Beth

Archived