Any recommendations - Brewery tours in Bruges?

All,

Only in Bruges for very short time (port stop) on September 4th - absolutely love Belgium Beer...

Would love to have some recommendations for a brewery tour in that area?

Also, if the brewery tour is not an option any good bars in the area for great selection of Belgium Beers?

Thanks all...

http://www.halvemaan.be/en/home

I think this is the only brewery still operating in Bruges. I have not done the brewery tour, but I have enjoyed its best known beer, the Brugse Zot (Bruges fool). During five, wet, January days in Bruges some years back, we made Bierbrasserie Cambrinus our home from home.

http://www.cambrinus.eu/english.htm

It is situated just off the Grote Markt and as well as over four hundred beers, the book which lists them all is a substantial tome, it also serves hearty Flemish food.

Dermot

We went to bruges twice last year on a land trip. I remember reading details about a brewery you can visit whilst doing my research. However, I can't remember the name, but I am sure I found the details on Tripadvisor or the local tourist board which is visitflanders.com

In the centre of Bruges, in the main square there is a tourist board office and they have all the information you need for your visit in there.

All,

Only in Bruges for very short time (port stop) on September 4th - absolutely love Belgium Beer...

Would love to have some recommendations for a brewery tour in that area?

Also, if the brewery tour is not an option any good bars in the area for great selection of Belgium Beers?

Thanks all...

Welcome to Cruise Critic come over to the Roll Call for the cruise. Lots of great people and info. Larry

Hi we were in bruges in November. The square where our guide walked us to from an "on our own" tour is where the "half moon" brewery mentioned above is. We went in and easily got booked into a tour leaving in 45 mins. This gave us time to have a decent lunch in the brewery (some soup with beer in!) before the Tour. You can book online in advance but I wasn't sure what time we'd get there, in the event we got in ok.

We enjoyed the tour and you go up on the roof for a great view across the city. At the end you get a free beer each :D

• 1 month later...
http://www.halvemaan.be/en/home

I think this is the only brewery still operating in Bruges. I have not done the brewery tour, but I have enjoyed its best known beer, the Brugse Zot (Bruges fool). During five, wet, January days in Bruges some years back, we made Bierbrasserie Cambrinus our home from home.

http://www.cambrinus.eu/english.htm

It is situated just off the Grote Markt and as well as over four hundred beers, the book which lists them all is a substantial tome, it also serves hearty Flemish food.

Dermot

Dermot, you seem to have a knack for interesting restaurants. It looks like we will have to visit this place also after your recommendation in Amsterdam.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...