please help with choosing suite on Explorer

poss

Thanks all! My TA is online today and has a hold on 1024. I like the suite but I"m not thrilled by the location being so close to the elevator. Not a fan of people wandering by all day/night talking. (Too many bad experiences in hotels) Thinking of asking her if 1002 is open...anyone been that far forward?

We were in the very front Vista cabin, deck 4, SS Wind on a last minute cruise 3 years ago in Canada/New England. Not noticeable motion but we were down very low. Could absolutely hear the anchor every morning tho!

The only time I"ve ever been seasick was crossing the English Channel during a horrible storm on SS Whisper. They basically closed the ship down after dinner. The butler stuffed pillows in the cabinets to keep the glasses in.

M

My concern with any suite on deck 10 is being either under the pool deck or under La Veranda. It can be very noisy from both the pool deck and the restaurant. 1002 is below the Observation Deck and you would likely hear noise - particularly at night and during Trivia (they use a microphone that was so loud that we heard it clearly in our forward Grand Suite). Also, 1002 is near at the bridge where officers are walking back and forth 24 hours a day.

My opinion would be to find a suite on a different deck. Hope there is some availability.

My concern with any suite on deck 10 is being either under the pool deck or under La Veranda. It can be very noisy from both the pool deck and the restaurant. 1002 is below the Observation Deck and you would likely hear noise - particularly at night and during Trivia (they use a microphone that was so loud that we heard it clearly in our forward Grand Suite). Also, 1002 is near at the bridge where officers are walking back and forth 24 hours a day.

My opinion would be to find a suite on a different deck. Hope there is some availability.

1002 is actually below the card room. 1024 is below the pool grill seating area.

I suppose it depends upon how you look at the deck plan. In any case, we would not select a suite under the pool deck (whether it be the pool grill or other places that people are walking around - moving chairs, etc.). The card room is so close to the Observation Lounge that it is difficult to tell. Either way, it is way too close to the Observation Lounge for my comfort and I would not want to recommend it after our experiences on the ship near the Observation Lounge.

You all are great fonts of knowledge!!! Is there ever music from the pool deck that can be heard on the balconies?

My first cruise ever was on Royal Caribbean with family and all we ever heard was steel drums and yelling in the halls. Never again.

M

Thanks all! My TA is online today and has a hold on 1024. I like the suite but I"m not thrilled by the location being so close to the elevator. Not a fan of people wandering by all day/night talking. (Too many bad experiences in hotels) Thinking of asking her if 1002 is open...anyone been that far forward?

M

We were in 1003 earlier this year. An excellent suite.

No noise from officers' quarters (behind the Bridge) or from passing foot traffic. No noise from forward winches or anchor. No noise associated with stairs or elevators. Occasional minor noise from above but never at night or early morning.

For other observations on the suite see SuiteGuru:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2478753

Certainly no yelling in the halls or steel bands on Regent. There is the occasional deck party but music normally stops around 11 pm.

We were in the very front Vista cabin, deck 4, SS Wind on a last minute cruise 3 years ago in Canada/New England. Not noticeable motion but we were down very low. Could absolutely hear the anchor every morning tho!

The only time I"ve ever been seasick was crossing the English Channel during a horrible storm on SS Whisper. They basically closed the ship down after dinner. The butler stuffed pillows in the cabinets to keep the glasses in.

M

In regards to noise concerns for suite 1024, no need to worry since, after all, we are talking Regent here and guests don't tend to stay up late. We had the suite closest to the elevator last May onboard the Mariner with never a noise issue. We liked it so much that we've booked it for our next two cruises. Enjoy your cruise!

Z and TB