Dubai Early Departure

NAVFAM

We're planning an Azamara cruise ending in Dubai. The ship is arrives Dubai 3:00 PM on Sunday, stays overnight and normal debarkation is an unspecified time on Monday.

We want to debark on Sunday to catch a flight. I've reviewed a few older threads and it appears we won't have any problems leaving the ship a day early, but I'm concerned that we might have problems with entry visas, immigration, etc.

I had a recent issue transiting through Frankfurt after debarking in Barcelona. There were no Spanish immigration officials around and therefore no EU entry stamp -- oops. The German officials were not happy with that.

Does anybody have any recent (2014/15) experience getting off the ship early in Dubai and getting to/though the airport & immigration/passport control?

MARK

in our experience, when the ship is overnight in Dubai, passengers are coming and going all the time. You may need to organise your early departure onboard, if you require help with your luggage, but the ship will be expecting passengers to disembark anytime from arrival on Sunday, so you will not be alone. Immigration checks will be carried out at the airport as normal. Don't worry, you will be able to disembark without a problem and there will be taxis waiting for you, whatever the time.

• 1 month later...
in our experience, when the ship is overnight in Dubai, passengers are coming and going all the time. You may need to organise your early departure onboard, if you require help with your luggage, but the ship will be expecting passengers to disembark anytime from arrival on Sunday, so you will not be alone. Immigration checks will be carried out at the airport as normal. Don't worry, you will be able to disembark without a problem and there will be taxis waiting for you, whatever the time.

Thanks for the excellent reply. This is what I expected, but I'm routinely surprised. Thanks especially for the note regarding taxis.

MARK