Emerald Beach

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:59 PM.
Rhode Island
790 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
We enjoyed the beach on our visit last year. The beach is clean, plenty of chair rentals and a beach bar/restaurant. I think Tony, the chair attendant, said he was from MA.

Nice thing is that it is a 5 minute ride to/from the ship.

Sheal
North Pole & Playa Del Carmen
10,101 Posts
Joined May 2008
Lingbergh Bay (aka Emerald Beach) is nice enough if you want to stay close to port. The East End beaches are much nicer if that matters but are 30 - 40 min from Crown.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Blue, Blue Water !
Toronto Canada
146 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
I found Emerald beach to be tooo quiet. ..well except for the occasional plane gearing down after being on the the airstrip. I'm a 50 yr old woman with hubby and kids. We don't drink or smoke, so we wernt expecting a party atmosphere,but it was awkward. We felt like we were invading the hotel beach, and there wasn't many even there. To top it off I had a grilled chicken sandwich from their restaurant and got food poisoning. I was sick for the next three days! It ruined our vacation.