% of CC members on any cruise ship

Gunther1

We've had probably less than half a percent of CC'rs at a meet and greets. The largest I attended was probably about 30-40 ppl total. On that sold out ship it was still less than 2%.

I think the 2% number is more a likely number of cruisers who have heard about Cruise Critic. Not all of them attend the M & G, I know I've skipped a few for various reasons.

I did 2 long cruises last fall. Both had over 5% of passengers. On a trans Atlantic this spring it was near 3%. I have 3 cruises booked for this fall and each so far are under 2%. A lot of people just read CC for info and are not interested in meeting others, especially on 7 day or less, so if they don't sign up for the meet and greet wthere is no way to know about them.

Haven't joined any Roll Calls or gone to any Meet & Greets in a couple of years.

But one we did go to had about 70 people who were CC members out of about 2000 passengers Noordam 2008). That is about 3.5% which I think is very high. The other Meet & Greets that we attended on the same size ship had about 8 of us there.

Last fall we had over 70 on our roll call and the Quest takes 650 passengers - well over 10%. I think much would depend upon the cruise destination. When more information is needed, more go looking. Many people looking for private tours would lead to more on the roll call.

It seems like our longer and more interesting itineraries have had many more from CC than seven day Caribbean cruises. I think there were over 100 at our last TA Meet and Greet. On a Western Caribbean cruise we had less than 20, and a Bermuda cruise had zero - well, two if you count us.

Archived