Oasis D2 vs. D1

We are booked in a D2 room right across form Coach floor 8 8174. We can upgrade for $80 total for 2 people to floor 11 11202 on the 1st hump in a D1, which appears to be a bit more midship. Is it worth it to switch?

Does anyone know how much bigger the balconies are? Is the balcony furniture any different in that category? It's not a lot of money, but I have already booked my entertainment and we got luggage tags today. I would hate to have it mess up my entertainment bookings.:confused:

We are booked in a D2 room right across form Coach floor 8 8174. We can upgrade for $80 total for 2 people to floor 11 11202 on the 1st hump in a D1, which appears to be a bit more midship. Is it worth it to switch?

Does anyone know how much bigger the balconies are? Is the balcony furniture any different in that category? It's not a lot of money, but I have already booked my entertainment and we got luggage tags today. I would hate to have it mess up my entertainment bookings.:confused:

The balcony of 11202 will be ~ 1.5X the size of the D2 balcony...cabin itself will be the same size. Switching cabin shouldn't mess up any of your entertainment or dining or shore excursions...you aren't changing the resi # so all stays put. As far as your luggage tags...as long as you are still a few weeks out and you ONLY ordered 1 set you can still order a second set after you make thew switch...you are allowed to order 2 sets of luggage tags. The balcony furniture set-up will be identical for both cabins...no extra furniture or loungers on the larger D1 balcony.

Re the luggage tags. If you can't print a second set, then just get some at the port from the luggage handlers. They will be able to help you out.

Personally, for $80 total for the extra large balcony, I'd do it. But we always hunt down the big balconies because we do spend time out there. Guess it just depends on how much you plan to use your balcony. Love the mid ship location too. SO convenient.

Personally, I wouldn't switch. We love Deck 8 because of its handy access to Central Park. We had a room on Deck 11 on Oasis last July and didn't take advantage of Central Park. In November we had a room on Deck 8 and found that we spent alot of time in Central Park relaxing, reading, people watching, etc. Also, when you're traveling from the front of the ship to the back (or vice versa), it's nice to walk through Central Park and seeing the foliage,etc, versus walking down a LONG hallway and passing by door after door after door. IMO save the $800 and spend it on something fun.

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking that our room near the Coach store was at the front of the ship. Now I am pretty sure that it's near the back set of elevators. I think maybe we'll just stay put after all.

Archived