Star Flyer, December 28, 2011 Costa Rica sailing

lenkatrvler

• 5 weeks later...
Anybody out there joining this cruise??

:)

Hi lenkatrvler,

my GF and I are even on board to celebrate New Years Eve (and some other days, of course) during that cruise.

We fly in at the day of departure from Berlin, Germany (where my GF lives) via Madrid, Spain. If winter conditions doesn't cancel our flights, we will arrive after more than 20 hours of travel at about 7 or 8 p.m. at the port.

So we are easily to be recognised on board: we are the tired people showing up during dinner. ;-)

Anyway, the next day is a day at sea so we expect to handle the jetlag well and we are looking forward to see as much of Costa Rica's nature.

After the cruise we will have one more night in a hotel near San José, before we fly back to good cold Germany.

Diddn

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Diddn,

It's great to hear that at least the 4 of us are on this cruise. Hope to recognize you right away. We don't speak german, but we speak russian!! It'll be fun to meet you, guys, and talk. We traveled through out Germany and Europe extensively so would love to share stories.

Looking forward to meeting you soon. Too bad we can't share a ride from the airport to the port - we are arriving at 7:00 AM.

See you on the ship!!

Elena & Igor

Priviet Elena and Igor,

(sorry - that is nearly the only russian word I know beside na starovje) I am surprised that the cruise is still open for bookings, so it seems to be not overcrowded on board. ;-)

It is our third cruise on Star Clippers; first we sailed the Flyer last year in spring in the western mediterrenean, and then this year in August the Clipper through the greek isles. Both times the ship was not completely occupated.

I am sure we have enough to talk about on this cruise; it is my first time in Middle America, and never really cruised on the Pacific Ocean. (The few minutes after passing Cape Horn last January do not really count.)

Yes, it would be easy to recognize us with the cabin nearly inside the restaurant and arriving late. Iberia has now announced a pilot's strike, but thankfully only at the 29th of December, so we still expect to reach the ship late, but without problems.

By the way: Snowfall has started today in Germany; we really NEED a tropical vacation. ;-))

Dietmar (& Susanne)

Privet, privet!

We are in cabin 107 one deck below you. This is our second time with Clippers - last one was 6 yrs ago on Star Clipper. We loved it, especially because half of the crew was russian. Don't know anything about the Flyer's crew. Anyway, looking forward to meeting you soon and will have a toast with na zdorovye, especially on New Year's night!

Elena

Archived