Celebrity Cruises Drink Packages

cps10

I've got a question for those of you who have bought the Bottoms Up! Drink Packages on Celebrity Cruises. If you have two 21-and-over adults in the same cabin, but one does not drink, do both people have to buy a package anyway? I know on Carnival, they require both parties, regardless, to buy the package to prevent sharing, which I understand.

Secondly, Carnival has a 15-drink maximum in a 24-hour period. Does Celebrity? I don't know if I could come close to drinking 15 a day anyway.

Thirdly, can you still buy the package up until two nights left on the cruise and pay a pro-rata price like what I have seen in the past?

Lastly, some cruise lines will limit your drink consumption to one drink per 15 minute period, which I understand with that sharing problem again. Does Celebrity do the same thing? Again, unless I am really thirsty and drinking beer on deck, I can't imagine having a drink every 15 minutes. Otherwise, I wouldn't be getting my money's worth the rest of the cruise because of a hangover!

Thanks in advance!!

I've got a question for those of you who have bought the Bottoms Up! Drink Packages on Celebrity Cruises. If you have two 21-and-over adults in the same cabin, but one does not drink, do both people have to buy a package anyway? I know on Carnival, they require both parties, regardless, to buy the package to prevent sharing, which I understand.

Not sure what the "Bottoms Up" Package is…on Celebrity the Classic or Premium Beverage Packages need only be purchased by an individual, both occupants are NOT required to purchase the packages (if purchasing outright, and not receiving as one of the Cruise Perks that is frequently offered)

Secondly, Carnival has a 15-drink maximum in a 24-hour period. Does Celebrity? I don't know if I could come close to drinking 15 a day anyway.

No Maximum on Celebrity…and remember the packages include much more than alcoholic beverages.

Thirdly, can you still buy the package up until two nights left on the cruise and pay a pro-rata price like what I have seen in the past?

Up until 2 or 3 nights left, yes.

Lastly, some cruise lines will limit your drink consumption to one drink per 15 minute period, which I understand with that sharing problem again. Does Celebrity do the same thing? Again, unless I am really thirsty and drinking beer on deck, I can't imagine having a drink every 15 minutes. Otherwise, I wouldn't be getting my money's worth the rest of the cruise because of a hangover!

Some folks on here have reported a "time limit"…I have never been advised that such a limit exists, and have never encountered a problem buying drinks, one at a time, quite close to each other. I have on several occasions purchased a new-to-me beverage, not liked it, and gotten another immediately as well…Your results may vary, but I don't think you are going to encounter any problems.

Thanks in advance!!

Enjoy your cruise and Beverage Package.

BBL

Celebrity does not have a package called Bottoms Up. They have a Classic package, either alcohol or non-alcohol, they have a Premium package, again alcohol or non-alcohol and they have a wine package. Buying any package is not required for anyone, and passengers in the same cabin can buy a different package.

You have to purchase a package with a minimum of three days left.

They do know where and what time you purchase a drink, and while they might not put a time limit on how many you can buy, they will question anyone getting too many drinks in a short time period. And, there is no per day maximum.