Turtle Farm Grand Cayman 20 month old

td1356

Looking at visiting the turtle farm with our granddaughter. RCL shore excursions will not allow her - minimum says 3 years old. So, I am thinking we will go by ourselves - can you all help me with this:

1) How do I get 6 adults and 1 child to the Turtle farm?

2) Would this be a great excursion for her?

3) How far is the turtle farm from the port?

4) How much time do I allow to return so I don't miss the ship?:(

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. We need to get off with her as

RCL Navigator doesn't allow her age in the pool so she will need a place to have some fun.

In Cozumel, we are doing a beach day with RCL.

Thanks

Can't help with the turtle farm, but she will be able to splash at the beach! 7-Mile beach is easy to get to and the water is calm and clear.

Many folks will bring a small, blow-up tub for their un-potty trained kids to splash in.....fill will an ice bucket and empty into the shower or floor drain (not into the pool) and baby can have some "water time" on the ship, as well! It's also handy for bathing, if you only have a cabin with a shower.

Turtle Farm is near the ship. Just down the road from 7 mile beach. No problems taking a short taxi ride there. There is a small fee to get in as well. You can just walk around and look at the turtles in the tanks,,,,not overly exciting but I am sure the little one will have fun. Catch a taxi or do a cheap (15-20 bucks pp) tour (which will encompass beach and turtles and town of Hell) with one of the many guides who will be standing on the pier. All are really close to the ship ( I walked from 7 mile beach back to the ship) so no worries there.

To save money we bought tickets online from the turtle farm ( cheaper than on ship excursion), The online discount ticket also comes with FREE transportation to and from. This was the same bus the cruise line folks were on actually. There was no age limit.

We played with tiny baby turtles, mid size and adults after a great info lesson on them, we dined on turtle for lunch. Then we swam with turtles. Then we looked at underwater tanks of other sea critters like sharks. Then we swam in the parks man made fresh water lagoon, swam under the little waterfalls, went down the slide, my kids had a blast. Finally we played in the sand, followed a igauna down one of the nature paths a bit and wandered into their bird aviary.

The whole family had a blast there, could have spent the whole day.

Archived