Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Crystal Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Crystal Cruises
Read Crystal Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Crystal Cruise Deals.

Register for a Cruise Critic/Crystal Cruises Meet & Mingle

Need to make a change or addition to your Meet & Mingle registration? Update Your Meet & Mingle Registration

GO TO: Crystal ROLL CALL Forums

Old September 25th, 2004, 09:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile Special Food Orders in Main Dining Room

We are leaving this week for our "Fall Foliage" cruise from Montreal to NYC.
We love the food in the Symphony's main dining room. Remi is always asking us if there is something special that the chef can prepare for us.
Have found that Crystal is always accomodating in satisfying special orders at dinner (usually made special the next evening).
Any special dinner requests that I can pass on to Remi that are outstanding? ( I know that this is a very personal matter, but there are always faithful standards that are always made well ie, Roast Veal Chop, Salmon in puff crust )
Any special desserts that you highly recommend?
Thanks for your recommendations

Old September 25th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Special orders in the dining room

Med4bike...

Old September 25th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

I tried very hard to persuade Jackie to ask the Head Waiter to prepare a sumptuous dinner of Flaming filet of Yak, Peking style,…….. she refused. She said that she had enough trouble with the Chateaubriand.

Paul

Old September 26th, 2004, 09:31 AM
20,000+ Club

Garlic shrimp on angel hair pasta is a great choice as is the Saltzburg Nockerel for dessert. During our April cruise on the Serenity we asked for chocolate souffle for our entire table and the chef actually made a double order for everyone. YUM !!

Old September 26th, 2004, 09:33 AM
50,000+ Club

Even though it is served on another night, we arranged to have chateaubriand (sp) for the entire table on another night. It is special when they do it for your table as the headwaiter cuts the meat right by the table.

A day before the last night the headwaiter asked us if there was anything we liked or didn't get a chance to try during the cruise that he could get for us the last night. I really liked that idea and was glad that he asked. We asked for lobster tails for the entire table. Also, my wife (Anne Marie) and myself had missed the russian night and another couple at the table told us how wonderful they thought the borscht (sp) soup was so we were able to try it and I thought it was great. Anyhow, I thought it was a very nice tough that the headwaiter asked us what we wanted and it was great.

Keith

Old September 26th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Cool Cruiser

Generally, anything that is in the Crystal Cruises Cookbook can be prepared with a day or two's notice provided ingredients are available. Usually there is a copy in one of the shops on board that you can browse through to see if anything catches your eye.

Old September 26th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhshapiro
Generally, anything that is in the Crystal Cruises Cookbook can be prepared with a day or two's notice provided ingredients are available. Usually there is a copy in one of the shops on board that you can browse through to see if anything catches your eye.
Excellent suggestion!

I also suggest Beef Wellington (a chateaubriand wrapped in pate de foie gras inside of a puff pastry crust.)

Old September 26th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile

Beef Wellington is served on the last formal night but having it twice would be great if you like it. We've asked for baked stuffed lobster and also lobster thermador but they gave us something else (not so good) in their place.

We ordered rack of lamb and they did a fantastic job with a Wolfgang Puck recipe. There was enough for about five people.We ordered eggs benedict for us and eight of our friends one day for lunch. It also was excellent. It came with an order of fries on the side (very healthy) Good luck.

Aloha, Pete