Snorkeling / Scuba in Grenada

DISNEYANGELA

We will be in Grenada in mid Feb. My Brother in Law loves to snorkel and dive, the rest of us appreciate his enthusiasm and can snorkel by not dive.

Any recommendations on Snorkel places?

Any Dive tour operators that anyone has used?

Thanks for your response.

• 2 weeks later...

Molinere Point is supposed to be pretty good. We will be going there in early February so I can try to let you know how it was when I return. We will be booking an excursion with Seafaris as they go to Molinere Point for the underwater sculptures.

We have snorkelled in Grenada at Flamingo Bay and it was okay. There were a lot of parrot fish and some nice sea fans but you do have to dive down to see them up close.

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from our cruise and did do some snorkeling in Grenada. We wanted to use Seafaris as they were highly recommended and the tour aspect sounded great. Unfortunately they were contracted with RCL for excursions in the morning and their free afternoon time had been booked for a long time. The upcharge for the cruise line was so blatant that I just couldn't do it. My son being under 12 was an issue that would involve emailing the cruiseline and the vendor, plus most dive operations charge half for kids, not so RCL. The Seafari lady was great in our email conversations and she referred me to another dive shop, Eco Dive and Trek and we booked them. Seafari was $89/pp through the cruise line, and Eco was $40 pp and half for my son. It wasn't the full tour like Seafari, they just took us to the dive site, but we did have a guide to show us each statue and take care of us. It was perfect.

They were supposed to pick us up at the pier in a water taxi, but the staffer ended up coming by car, since a boat had not returned in time. So we did get a nice car ride through town over the the dive shop on Grand Anse beach (very pretty). We had to go past the cruise ship to get to the site, so they dropped us off by the cruise ship. That was all included, so good savings there.

We had some scuba people with us as well, they got off the boat first as they had more gear. It wasn't a hot day, and my skinny son found the water a little cold, and the water wasn't that clear. It was our first day off the ship so we were in good spirits and had a good attitude about it, just full disclosure. (I'm still kicking myself that I didn't bring his shorty wetsuit, but I never thought we'd need it in the Caribbean.)

The statues are very cool and thank goodness for our guide to show us and explain. We aren't strong swimmers so we had floatation and we could still see them all from the surface, as some are in pretty deep water. It was a great outing and we really enjoyed ourselves. Don't get any sand on Turbo's boat! :)

We will be in Grenada in mid Feb. My Brother in Law loves to snorkel and dive, the rest of us appreciate his enthusiasm and can snorkel by not dive.

Any recommendations on Snorkel places?

Any Dive tour operators that anyone has used?

Thanks for your response.

Try Native Spirit, we have used them for years. We LOVE them. We were with them in November and will be with them in April. They are great for diving (my husband can not say enough about them) and I have snorkel with them again great. Email them or call, very easy to work with!

Laura

http://www.nativespiritscuba.com/

• 1 month later...

Archived