NY Metro Area LGBT Cruisers

paulypride

I wasn't able to make the first one. Depending on the date and my calendar, I'm in. I'd like to meet specifically those who have taken a cruise with Pied Piper. I've signed on for my first one, to South America with an Antarctic drive by, in February, but I've yet to learn of any specifics.

I'm off to the Mediterranean in less than 3 weeks! "El Solo" here...never got any responses to a roll call on the Gay roll call board...oh well...we'll see on board if folks show up to the FOD get togethers!

Howard

I'm off to the Mediterranean in less than 3 weeks! "El Solo" here...never got any responses to a roll call on the Gay roll call board...oh well...we'll see on board if folks show up to the FOD get togethers!

Howard

Should be an amazing sailing - I did a similar itinerary on Princess and it was the best cruise so far. There was a large LGBT gathering each night, but most attendees were European, so they might not be familiar with Cruise Critic. We ended up having about 20 attendees at various times, so I'm sure you won't be the only one :)

There's a link in my signature to an unfinished review of this sailing, if you're interested.

Summer is over. Should we think about having another gathering of the local cruisers?[/quote

Now that summer is over, I think it would be a good time to think about another get-together for area cruisers. I had a great time at the last one and met a lot of nice people. Anyone sailing on the Silhouette 12/1/12 transatlantic?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone- I am new to Cruise Critic with this being my first post. My partner and I live in Brooklyn. Williamsburg to be exact, though our jeans aren't overly tight. haha

We have only been on one cruise. My partner's parents invited us to join them, his sister and nephew on a Disney cruise. We had a blast (I love everything Disney, shhh). It was a big step for us cause we had already been together for over 10 years, and it was the first time they had invited me anywhere (as in they would even be in town and I wasn't allowed to go to dinners with them). I finally bonded some with his folks and nephew. Over the summer, I saw his nephew again and he called me his "sort-of uncle." It was awesome to hear. I give much credit to that cruise for helping us to connect.

Now, I am debating the Thanksgiving cruise on NCL Jewel out of NYC. I haven't been able to convince myself just yet that it will be worth it. If anyone has been on that ship or sailed that time of year, I would appreciate any advice.

See ya on the subway!

NCL Jewel is alright. Nothing big to brag about. Sailing out of NYC for Thanksgiving gives you pluses and minuses. On the plus side, no airfare. On the minus side, less time in the sun if you're looking to catch some rays. It's chilly that time of year. If you are looking to save on airfare and not really looking for sun, then I would say go for it. But, if you are looking for more fun in the sun, then I would say fly down to Florida to catch the boat.

We live in central NJ, always sailed out of Miami

or Ft Lauderdale...just did out first cruise out of

NYC on the Carnival Glory, loved the convienence

of being in NYC in 40 minutes by train and not

having to fly anywhere or staying overnight in a

hotel. doing another cruise in January 2013.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally from NY. Now we live in the Tampa area but spend May to Sept on Cape Cod. Will be spending the holidays in New England and staying to take the NCL Jewel to the Caribbean in Jan with friends and family. No one will fly to Fla to take a cruise anymore! Went on an RSVP cruise over 10 years ago. It was "OK" but prefer cruises that are not gay only. Always met "family" and had a better time.

• 4 weeks later...
Me and my partner love cruising. Nothing like being out on the ocean. we ususally just sail from ny but i think were gonna have to change ports in 2014 so we can see other islands.

Hi TheMixedOne86,

My partner and I used to live in Ridgefield Park and Hackensack. We now live in Montclair but still drive up to Bergen County for dinner and visiting with friends.

Have you and your partner ever cruised with Pied Piper? That was how we got into cruising.

My Best,

Paul

Hi TheMixedOne86,

My partner and I used to live in Ridgefield Park and Hackensack. We now live in Montclair but still drive up to Bergen County for dinner and visiting with friends.

Have you and your partner ever cruised with Pied Piper? That was how we got into cruising.

My Best,

Paul

i live in bogota which is next to hackensack. and my bf lives in belleville. what is pied piper? My bf took me for my birthday last year and we have been hooked ever since. i just came back from a 2 week cruise and book one for next oct.

Mark

i live in bogota which is next to hackensack. and my bf lives in belleville. what is pied piper? My bf took me for my birthday last year and we have been hooked ever since. i just came back from a 2 week cruise and book one for next oct.

Mark

The way you got hooked on cruising is how we got hooked. I surprised my partner with a cruise (our first) for his Bday. He didn't know on what or to where we were going until I got him to Port Liberty in Bayonne.

Pied Piper is a gay travel agency out of NYC. The fares are discounted and you travel as a group on a regular cruise but you don't have to be with the group in all of their functions (but the free cocktail parties are a definite must participate). We've traveled twice with them. Pied Piper was our first cruise.

If you'd like to talk more about similar cruising interests feel welcome to e-mail us at Montclair2Guys[at]aol[dot]com.

Paul

The way you got hooked on cruising is how we got hooked. I surprised my partner with a cruise (our first) for his Bday. He didn't know on what or to where we were going until I got him to Port Liberty in Bayonne.

Pied Piper is a gay travel agency out of NYC. The fares are discounted and you travel as a group on a regular cruise but you don't have to be with the group in all of their functions (but the free cocktail parties are a definite must participate). We've traveled twice with them. Pied Piper was our first cruise.

If you'd like to talk more about similar cruising interests feel welcome to e-mail us at Montclair2Guys[at]aol[dot]com.

Paul

Ok I emailed ya

The way you got hooked on cruising is how we got hooked. I surprised my partner with a cruise (our first) for his Bday.

Cute! We got hooked the same way. My wife walked me in a travel agency and said sureprise I'm booking you a cruise for your birthday present. It had been a fantasy of mine for years. That was in 2004 and now we're addicted!

What was you'lls first ship?

Ours was a 4 day on Carnival Imagination to Key West and Nassau. We never made Key West due to bad weather.

Cute! We got hooked the same way. My wife walked me in a travel agency and said sureprise I'm booking you a cruise for your birthday present. It had been a fantasy of mine for years. That was in 2004 and now we're addicted!

Ours was a 4 day on Carnival Imagination to Key West and Nassau. We never made Key West due to bad weather.

Mine was on carnival miracle 8days from ny to half moon cay, Nassau, and some private island. Which cruise line do u preferr? I've only been on carnival once and once with Ncl. Going on Ncl next year.

Celebrity Summit was our first and second ships. Since then we've only been on Celebrity (Eclipse) and soon in January we'll be on Reflection.

How was Carnival for ya?

Mine was on carnival miracle 8days from ny to half moon cay, Nassau, and some private island. Which cruise line do u preferr? I've only been on carnival once and once with Ncl. Going on Ncl next year.

We actually did Carnival Miracle this past August. There were 27 of us an itinerary of San Juan, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Virgin Ispands and Grand Turk of Turks & Caicos. We loved St. Thomas the most as we visited Magen's Bay and the ride to it had such a magnificent view. Grand Turk was cool mainly because the fish were swimming with us lol. Old San Juan, wasn't much since the time there is evening til night and we stayed near the cruise terminal. We did eat some delicious Spanish food there though.

We've been on 3 Carnival ships...Miracle, Imagination and Glory, 1 Norwegian ship....Jewel, and 1 Royal Caribbean ship....Majesty of the Seas. I don't have a favorite cruise line, but more so favorite ship, and favorite cruise vacation thus far. My favorite ship is the Norwegian Jewel and that was also my favorite cruise so far. We are booked for the Norwegian Breakaway May 2013 and Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas August 2013 so that may or may not change :D.

Which NCL ship are you doing next?

Celebrity Summit was our first and second ships. Since then we've only been on Celebrity (Eclipse) and soon in January we'll be on Reflection.

How was Carnival for ya?

We've never done Celebrity but it sounds like you really enjoy it since you've tried several of their ships. We would like to try Princess at least once and would REALLY like to cruise with the Olivia travel company as they host lesbian cruises a few times a year.

As for Carnival, we have never had a bad cruise with them. They are more budget friendly than the other lines so easier for us to book. At the same time we book a year out on all our trips so we don't mind spending more for cruises we want to take. We host group cruises so Carnival is always our best bet as more of our friends and family can afford to go.

We actually are doing our first inside when we do the Breakaway. With the Allure already booked we are squeezing that in. I hope that inaugural sailing is worth it!

We actually did Carnival Miracle this past August. There were 27 of us an itinerary of San Juan, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Virgin Ispands and Grand Turk of Turks & Caicos. We loved St. Thomas the most as we visited Magen's Bay and the ride to it had such a magnificent view. Grand Turk was cool mainly because the fish were swimming with us lol. Old San Juan, wasn't much since the time there is evening til night and we stayed near the cruise terminal. We did eat some delicious Spanish food there though.

We've been on 3 Carnival ships...Miracle, Imagination and Glory, 1 Norwegian ship....Jewel, and 1 Royal Caribbean ship....Majesty of the Seas. I don't have a favorite cruise line, but more so favorite ship, and favorite cruise vacation thus far. My favorite ship is the Norwegian Jewel and that was also my favorite cruise so far. We are booked for the Norwegian Breakaway May 2013 and Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas August 2013 so that may or may not change :D.

Which NCL ship are you doing next?

We've never done Celebrity but it sounds like you really enjoy it since you've tried several of their ships. We would like to try Princess at least once and would REALLY like to cruise with the Olivia travel company as they host lesbian cruises a few times a year.

As for Carnival, we have never had a bad cruise with them. They are more budget friendly than the other lines so easier for us to book. At the same time we book a year out on all our trips so we don't mind spending more for cruises we want to take. We host group cruises so Carnival is always our best bet as more of our friends and family can afford to go.

We actually are doing our first inside when we do the Breakaway. With the Allure already booked we are squeezing that in. I hope that inaugural sailing is worth it!

My next one is on the gem. I can have a great vacation as long as I'm with good company

My next one is on the gem. I can have a great vacation as long as I'm with good company

That is so true.

In 08' we had our first group vacation experience in which we did Disney World for a week. It was so much we've vacationed with a group of us ever since. My wife and I also do something with just the two of us at least once year even if it's a weekend get-away. Thankfully, as long as I get a break from work I never have a bad vacation!!! :D