Your Lucky Tours in Puerto Limon

BlackJack2

Need opinions on “The 6 Highlights in 1 Tour” by Your Lucky Tours. Has anyone taken this tour? How is Your Lucky Tours?

We are trying to decide between this tour by Your Lucky Tours and the Holland America Shore Excursion “Veragua Rainforest Eco-Adventure & Tortuguero Canals”.

• 3 weeks later...

People in my roll call went with Lucky and were not at all happy. Some of their reviews are on Trip Advisor, we were in CR 12/2013.

I took a similar tour with Celebrity as to what you are looking at with Holland America and the tour was great.

Need opinions on “The 6 Highlights in 1 Tour” by Your Lucky Tours. Has anyone taken this tour? How is Your Lucky Tours?

We are trying to decide between this tour by Your Lucky Tours and the Holland America Shore Excursion “Veragua Rainforest Eco-Adventure & Tortuguero Canals”.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We did the 6 in 1 with Your Lucky Tours in March 2015. We were told the wildlife sanctuary was closed, so we're given the option to go to the Jaguar centre which is an hour away, or a jungle hike. We opted for the jungle hike. Unfortunately one of the ladies got sick so the guide stayed with her instead of pointing out stuff to us. Was not his fault. We had a great tour with Rey and Eduardo met up with us a couple of times during the tour. He was great to deal with. I have no complaints at all.

• 2 months later...

We toured with Eduardo in Nov of 2012, and we had a very enjoyable time. The van wasn't luxury, and the roads were pretty bumpy, but we just considered it part of the experience. We went to Vergura Rainforest and we did some coffee shopping. Back then I think he did not have a six in one tour, or if he did, we didn't take it. He took us to his family restaurant, and we all chipped in for a meal that included a little bit of several local specialties. The restaurant overlooked the ship, and that was neat. The only drawback was that as we organized who would go with who in what van, he seemed to have forgotten that he had committed to guiding our tour. We were firm and reminded him, and he took care of that. He stopped for batteries when my camera batteries died, and paid out of his own pocket--wouldn't take anything for them.

I wouldn't say it was the best tour I've ever been on, but Eduardo was nice, we stayed safe, the cost was not high, we saw what we intended to see, and we got back to the ship on time. That's really what we ask for. Anything else is a bonus.

This time I emailed and asked for him specifically to lead our tour. He said he no longer did that, but coordinated the guides who now work for him. Since we prefer to work with smaller guides who are very vested in their tours, we will be seeking someone else for our Feb Costa Rica tour, but not because Eduardo was not a good guide.