Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Family Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Family Cruises Cruising with kids? Best Family Cruise Advice
Cruise Critic's Family Cruising Resources
Traveling with kids? Best Family Travel Advice
Family Vacation Critic's Family Travel Site

Old August 12th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Under 2's on Carnival (Pride specific, but any!)

We will be on the Pride in November with our son. He will turn 13 months on the cruise and we're trying to figure out packing logistics. We already requested a crib and we plan to take a small stroller but we aren't sure what we should take when it comes to toys. I've read about the parent-child play times and we will take advantage of those, but does anyone know if they will let us sign out a toy or two from the playroom for him to use in our cabin? If not, we will pack a few small things, but it would save so much space if someone knew if we could borrow something! Thanks!

Ad Sponsored By
Old August 13th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Cool Cruiser

We were on the Pearl last year and I didn't see any opportunity to check out toys. The play room for the Under 2 Zoo isn't supervised. You just go in there and play with you child and the toys. If you want something in the room, I'd bring it.

1989 Dolphin Sea Breeze (Honeymoon) - Caribbean; 1992 Chandis Americanis- Caribbean; 1995 Regent Sun - Caribbean; 1996 Fascination - Caribbean; 1997 Sensation - Caribbean; 1998 Destiny - Caribbean; 1998 Rotterdam - Mediterranean; 1999 Rhapsody of the Seas - Caribbean; 1999 Elation - Mexican Riviera; 2000 Maasdam - Europe; 2001 R3 - Tahiti; 2002 Empress of the Seas - Bermuda; 2002 Sun - Caribbean; 2003 Star - Hawaii; 2004 Star - Alaska; 2005 Golden Princess - Caribbean; 2006 Jewel - Caribbean; 2006 Crown Princess - Caribbean; 2007 Constellation - Baltic/No. Europe; 2007 Sun - Caribbean; 2008 Emerald Princess - Med.; 2008 Dawn - Caribbean; 2009 Splendor - Mexican Riviera; 2010 Jewel - Caribbean; 2010 Crown Princess - British Isles; 2010 Dawn - Caribbean; 2012 Insignia – South America/Rio; 2012 NYE - Pearl - Caribbean; Pearl - Caribbean, 2014; Breakaway - Bermuda, 2014; Upcoming: NCL Star - Panama Canal, 2014; NCL Pearl -Caribbean, 2015

Old August 13th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Ill be on Carnival Freedom with my 13 mo old in 3 weeks so I will let you know how it works. I dont believe they allow you to check out toys (i believe RCL does), but I dont know for sure.

Old August 13th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

Sorry - I saw "under 2" and thought "Under 2 Zoo" which is what NCL calls their toddler program. Regardless of if you can check them out or not, I'd still bring a couple little things. Magnets on the wall were our dd's favorite in the cabin. I didn't originally think about them sticking to the cabin wall, but they did and that was really fun for her.

1989 Dolphin Sea Breeze (Honeymoon) - Caribbean; 1992 Chandis Americanis- Caribbean; 1995 Regent Sun - Caribbean; 1996 Fascination - Caribbean; 1997 Sensation - Caribbean; 1998 Destiny - Caribbean; 1998 Rotterdam - Mediterranean; 1999 Rhapsody of the Seas - Caribbean; 1999 Elation - Mexican Riviera; 2000 Maasdam - Europe; 2001 R3 - Tahiti; 2002 Empress of the Seas - Bermuda; 2002 Sun - Caribbean; 2003 Star - Hawaii; 2004 Star - Alaska; 2005 Golden Princess - Caribbean; 2006 Jewel - Caribbean; 2006 Crown Princess - Caribbean; 2007 Constellation - Baltic/No. Europe; 2007 Sun - Caribbean; 2008 Emerald Princess - Med.; 2008 Dawn - Caribbean; 2009 Splendor - Mexican Riviera; 2010 Jewel - Caribbean; 2010 Crown Princess - British Isles; 2010 Dawn - Caribbean; 2012 Insignia – South America/Rio; 2012 NYE - Pearl - Caribbean; Pearl - Caribbean, 2014; Breakaway - Bermuda, 2014; Upcoming: NCL Star - Panama Canal, 2014; NCL Pearl -Caribbean, 2015

Old August 14th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

You can't check toys out from Camp Carnival. They do have for-fee babysitting for four hours on port days for under 2s. You can also drop them off for 2 hours on sea days during the parent-child play time. I think it is $6.75 an hour.

Old August 14th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinxyB View Post
You can't check toys out from Camp Carnival. They do have for-fee babysitting for four hours on port days for under 2s. You can also drop them off for 2 hours on sea days during the parent-child play time. I think it is $6.75 an hour.
Was it $6.75 an hour to just go and play with him or is that to leave him? We don't plan on using the babysitting, we just want to be able to go and let him play (and maybe meet some other parents with little ones).

Old August 14th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedidthat View Post
Was it $6.75 an hour to just go and play with him or is that to leave him? We don't plan on using the babysitting, we just want to be able to go and let him play (and maybe meet some other parents with little ones).
The $6.75 fee is if you are dropping your child off. There is no fee to stay and play with your baby

Old August 15th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

On the Breeze in April with my 9 month old there were 3 times on the 8 day cruise that we could take her to play. We had to stay with her and it was unsupervised but there was loads of toys that she liked and other parents and kids to talk to.

I never saw any opportunity to check out toys.

We took our I Pad loaded with Disney Junior shows and she sat in the crib and watched them while we got ready.

We just took teddies etc for her to play with.

She will be 13 months when we go on the Dream in 2 weeks and i am not sure what to pack to keep her entertained so am interested in replies!!

Old August 15th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

I keep seeing suggestions to take kids DVDs or videos on a laptop but we don't let him watch tv or use the iPad.. I guess we will just pack one of his push toys and a few small other things and hope to keep him occupied with those things. Thanks for the help folks!