Cloud - Barbados to Ft Lauderdale

Silver Spectre

Sitting on the eighth floor of the Hilton, looking at the Cloud in Bridgetown harbour. It is docked just in front of a Millenium ship and looks just like one of their tenders. Two hours to go until we join, cant wait for the SS crew love.

Lucky u! Have a great cruise.

Cheers

Jennifer

Sitting on the eighth floor of the Hilton, looking at the Cloud in Bridgetown harbour. It is docked just in front of a Millenium ship and looks just like one of their tenders.

Two hours to go until we join, cant wait for the SS crew love.

I'll be sitting where you are come November 13th, waiting to board the Cloud...be nice to her.

• 3 weeks later...

Heading out of Madeira 2 days ago we were followed by the Costa Voyager. Spent yesterday watching the Costa overtake us, supposably never closer than 3 miles, however most guests would have been more comfortable if it had been in another ocean.

Dangerous times.

Good for you! I would also definitely contact SS after the cruise. I haven't been on the SS site for awhile, but I thought they had an age limit for babies and toddlers???? One that is nursing must be rather young.:eek:

This is what the Silversea Website says about babies/children :

"Silver Explorer cannot accommodate infants under the age of 1 year. Silver Cloud, Silver Wind, Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper and Silver Spirit cannot accommodate infants under the age of 6 months. Guests must notify Silversea of any children between the ages of 6 months and 1 year who will be sailing on board the ship. A signed and notarised waiver will be required for all children between these ages. Although Silversea accepts guests over the age of 6 months (over the age of 1 year for Silversea Expeditions), there are no special programmes for children on board, and Silversea does not provide for the care, entertainment or supervision of children. Silversea reserves the right to limit the number of children less than 3 years of age."

I pity the poor people in the adjoining suites if they had to endure a crying baby - especially as I feel on the smaller ships the soundproofing between suites is not brilliant.

Thank you for the info., Delilah. The SS policy does not make me happy. This situation can happen to anyone of us. Hopefully, passengers in adjoining suites could be moved if disturbed. Not blaming the baby. This is what they do. I just don't expect or want this on a SS cruise.

Archived