Bathing Suits w/ Waterproof Pockets

corey07850

So we are leaving on the Gem in 2 weeks for the Caribbean and due to the amount of beach/sailing excursions planned we really dont want to carry anything other than cash/cards if we can help it. We are looking for some sort of bathing suit that has waterproof pockets that zip... I cant seem to find anything online - any recommendations for something that i can pick up locally? Or maybe another suggestion? We want to avoid having to carry something around or have it hanging around our neck.

Thanks!

So we are leaving on the Gem in 2 weeks for the Caribbean and due to the amount of beach/sailing excursions planned we really dont want to carry anything other than cash/cards if we can help it. We are looking for some sort of bathing suit that has waterproof pockets that zip... I cant seem to find anything online - any recommendations for something that i can pick up locally? Or maybe another suggestion? We want to avoid having to carry something around or have it hanging around our neck.

Thanks!

You could try a waterproof waist pouch made by Aloksak. I'd put my things in a small baggie and then into the pouch.

Waterproof up to 200 ft.

Navy Tested

Waist strap adjust to 46"

No metal parts

Two Sizes:

Reg. 6" x 6"

Large 6" x 9"

Tern1.jpg

I acutually bought a swiss army brand vicotorinox pair of bathing shorts and they came with a pouch that was resealable and air and water tight. It was a pleasant surprise

I also use and otter box that is small and waterproof as well

I discovered the otter box way before they started making cell phone cases

Enjoy!!

You could try a waterproof waist pouch made by Aloksak. I'd put my things in a small baggie and then into the pouch.

Waterproof up to 200 ft.

Navy Tested

Waist strap adjust to 46"

No metal parts

Two Sizes:

Reg. 6" x 6"

Large 6" x 9"

Tern1.jpg

I was going to ask where you found this, but I found it on Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/LOKSAK-Splashsak-Dipper-FP-Black/dp/B002Z9NLIC/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1361139404&sr=8-9&keywords=aloksak+waterproof+bags. I like the teal.

I second double and triple bagging with good zip lock baggies. Can't hurt to be extra safe!

Same goes for liquid meds etc. in your bags/luggage for that matter.

I leave my cash, ID and room key in my zipped bathing suit pocket. The water never ruined anything and I've never had a bartender turn down wet money!

This is what I was going to say -- although I'd probably put mine in a ziplock baggie to keep them together, if you're just carrying cash/credit card/ID/ship card you don't really need it to be waterproof as none of these things will be harmed by the water.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks!

I was shopping in Kohls today and stopped to look at the swim trunks for the partner. The pair I ended up buying has a feature very similar to what you are looking for as well as some other neat safety features.

The shorts are made by zeroxposur. All the trunks they had on the rack has a special security pouch sewn inside the waistband to hold things like money or cards (its exactly the shape and size for credit cards/sign and sail.) The venom model has a zipper pocket on the leg, and it also came with a built in waterproof pouch that sits in the side pocket. (Its basically a plastic pouch on an elastic cord with enough slack so it slides perfectly in the pocket. I believe all the models may have this but I did not check.)

This is not exactly what you are looking for - but it sounds like it might be a compromise? I loved the inside security pocket bc I do not care about money getting wet, but I though the waterproof pocket insert was also a nice touch. They retail for 46, but were on sale (and I had a coupon) so I ended up purchasing them for $22. Not a bad price I thought.

IMG_0064.jpg.0bd844cf11ba435d70690f453d68ec4f.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg.608f4035e69583ac1dbe5dbc78f71be5.jpg

I was shopping in Kohls today and stopped to look at the swim trunks for the partner. The pair I ended up buying has a feature very similar to what you are looking for as well as some other neat safety features.

The shorts are made by zeroxposur. All the trunks they had on the rack has a special security pouch sewn inside the waistband to hold things like money or cards (its exactly the shape and size for credit cards/sign and sail.) The venom model has a zipper pocket on the leg, and it also came with a built in waterproof pouch that sits in the side pocket. (Its basically a plastic pouch on an elastic cord with enough slack so it slides perfectly in the pocket. I believe all the models may have this but I did not check.)

This is not exactly what you are looking for - but it sounds like it might be a compromise? I loved the inside security pocket bc I do not care about money getting wet, but I though the waterproof pocket insert was also a nice touch. They retail for 46, but were on sale (and I had a coupon) so I ended up purchasing them for $22. Not a bad price I thought.

My problem is what do I do with my camera(s) while under water during an excursion? I don't feel comfortable leaving it in my tote bag above water without someone I know watching it.

My problem is what do I do with my camera(s) while under water during an excursion? I don't feel comfortable leaving it in my tote bag above water without someone I know watching it.

They do make waterproof seal-able camera cases, if you really want to take it in the water with you that could be an option. Personally, I have a cheap camera that I take with us (or my older digital that still takes great pictures) and use a new flash card each day. If someone walks off with my camera I haven't lost many photos and I don't have to lament the loss of an expensive camera. They do make "travel safes" and other things that you can place small items like cameras in and then lock them to something stationary on the beach like a lounge chair. Perhaps that would an option for you? You can also call/email/inquire about lockers at your excursion location as well.

I don't take anything I would be heartbroken to lose off the ship. No matter what you do there is always the chance something can break, get lost or be stolen. I have never had anyone steal anything from my beach bag as a wide variety of beaches on the east coast or abroad. Don't advertise yourself as a target and you will be less likely to be one.

Tern1.jpg

I found a similar one on Amazon that is clear and has a shorter strap. I can put my stuff in it, wrap it around the shoulder strap of my suit, and tuck in inside (under the arm or on top of the breast). It works fairly well, IMO.

DML

I bought a kodak waterproof camera, about $60., takes great underwater pics and videos as well as great regular pics, lots of settings, came with wrist band/strap, I leave my regular camera on the ship.

I bought a kodak waterproof camera, about $60., takes great underwater pics and videos as well as great regular pics, lots of settings, came with wrist band/strap, I leave my regular camera on the ship.

I should have mentioned that the underwater camera is not a throw away, it's a regular digital camera that uses an sd card.

If you don't do much travel to places you need a waterproof, Amazon has a four-pack of the disposable underwater cameras for $28. Then lock up the good camera aboard and take it under with you. Shrug. That way, you can have several people in your group with underwater cameras at the same time.

DML

Archived